I need Darkdreads second set of rpg tuts

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

I need Darkdreads second set of rpg tuts

Post by {Nathan} »

hey, guys. i read a battle engine post, just couse i was bored. then i was all "OMG DARKDREAD HAS MADE MORE TUTORS!!!???" i serched google and didnt c much, so, if u got them, please email me w/ them at Nathant93@gmail.com, in return i might invite u!!! heh

THANKS ALL :lol: :D :mrgreen:

thanks
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Hey,

From what I can tell, DarkDread has only done one real "series" of RPG tutorials -- his original set back in 1997. He has done several

As far as I know, DarkDread has made the following RPG tutorials:
  • *His original four-part series from 1997. This includes his simple 2D tile engine demo. You can find this in my Tutorials section. They're under the "Game Design" heading and the "Darkdread's RPG Tutorials" subheading.

*The Battle Engine tutorial he made for QB:TM issue 12. At the end, he promised a second battle engine tutorial on mock 3D dungeon battle engines, but QB:TM folded, and I don't think this tutorial was ever written.

*"RPG Scripts" -- I don't know about this, but it was mentinoed in a letter to the editor in QB:TM Issue 12. After checking through the earlier issues, I didn't find it. It may be out there somewhere.

*A few brief articles he wrote for QB Cult Magazine. I don't think any of them were real tutorials, just mostly opinion/theory articles. I haven't checked though. You should do a Google search for Darkdread and "QB Cult Magazine" and see what turns up.

*Part 1 of another series (his third attempt at a series?), which is now at his DarkDreams Software site. You can find this on my site here:
    http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tut ... orial.html
He may have written others, but I am fairly certain that there was never a second series.

-Pete
DarkDread
Coder

Post by DarkDread »

Oooh, I can clear this up. :)

I've done two sets of tutorials, and started a third (that would be the one on my site, but I have no plans to finish it).

The first was indeed the bunch from 1997... and the second, part 1 (which was about a scripting engine) and part 2 (which was a battle engine) appeared in QB:TM, and parts 3 and 4 were never published (far as I can remember)... they are a legend of lith 2 style engine, and a p*t engine using gslib.

Anyway, looks like Pete will be tossing those into the next issue of his magazine... so if you're looking for them, you'll have to wait, heh.