Graphics...

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

matt2jones
Veteran

Post by matt2jones »

ASM is not hard, it just involves a knowlage of exactly what your doing, instead of how you used to do it. It's a concept problem as aposed to anything else.

matt
Do not mistake Apathy for feeling Content.

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Storys
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

Z!re wrote:I have 256MB on this machine, I used to be 128..
I have servers with 512MB though..

Also, like I said, swapping..

I've allocated 2.2GB without problems using FB, ofcourse my HD's went insane when allocating it :D
omfg! Imagine the possibilities for a computer with 4GB RAM, 3Terrabytes space, and an AMD FX-57 (fastest PC processor). [/quote]
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Imagine the possibilities of my laptop if it had more than 8mb video memory and more than 128 megs of memory.
Zamaster
Veteran

Post by Zamaster »

Ugh, it takes like 3 seconds to figure out what memory's all about. That is if someone thoroughly explains it to you.
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

yeah, and that everything ISNT done by the 1000, its done by the 1024. and, bytes arnt the smalles, nanobits are (they are 1/2 of a bit, I think). i think, its been a while... then its 16 bits make a byte, 1024 bytes make a kilobyte, 1024 kilos make a mega, then a giga, then tera.
The Awakened
Veteran

Post by The Awakened »

Zamaster wrote:Ugh, it takes like 3 seconds to figure out what memory's all about. That is if someone thoroughly explains it to you.
...What? Who was that referring to?
"Sorry for beating you up with a baseball bat Julian, but I DID think that you were a samsquanch."
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Nathan1993 wrote:yeah, and that everything ISNT done by the 1000, its done by the 1024. and, bytes arnt the smalles, nanobits are (they are 1/2 of a bit, I think). i think, its been a while... then its 16 bits make a byte, 1024 bytes make a kilobyte, 1024 kilos make a mega, then a giga, then tera.
Stop posting stuff that you dont know!

Really...

1) it's not 1000, nor 1024.. it's by the 8th (most often), or by powers of two

2) nanobits are just theory, in quantum computers.. they DONT exist.

3) a byte is 8 bits...

4) 1024bytes = 1KiB, not 1KB.. 1000 = kilo, 1024 = kibits, or was it kibi..
However, this is often ignored as it's generally considered sily.. and the two terms are rarely confused (you dont think 1kilogram apples = 1024grams of apples, it'a 1000.. but you live in imperial system, so what do you know.. stone, pound and feet boy)

5) kilo, mega, giga, terra

I dont get the memory 3 sec reference either..
I have left this dump.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Really? My asm tutor lied to me. Damn him. Now, to go and do what ever it is i do...