3D

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Brandon
Coder

3D

Post by Brandon »

Most of the Qmunity doesn't know me. I have made a few versions of my GUI, Fun500. I have always wanted to make 3D. I have DarkBASIC but It isn't that great. I have seen syn9's 3d stuf and other 3d stuff made in FreeBASIC and I would really like to make car game like them but have no Idea what to do or where to start can anyone help me?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

There are many 3D tutorials in the tutorials section on this site. I recommend the ones by Rel (Relsoft) because he is a GOD of 3D and they arn't old.
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

i agree, rel's tutorials are a great place to start. thats exactly where i started when working with opengl. also id highly recommend learning collision detection and basic physics coding in a 2d environment before making a 3d game.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Yes, you should probably take a good look at DarkDread's 5 tutorials (especially number 2, mostly) and TileX (it's source code you can learn from) very thoroughly. Then, learn 3d.
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

I made a demo showing how to use the Newton physics engine with FreeBASIC. Here's a link, if you're interested. ;)

http://fileanchor.com/23886-d
The Dr. is INsane!!!