TI-BASIC program - Need suggestions.

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Zim
Veteran

Post by Zim »

Patz QuickBASIC Creations wrote:Although, for some odd reason, the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition doesn't run TI-BASIC files as well as the TI-84 Plus. (I have an 84P)
??? Odd... I have a TI 83+SE and my son has a TI 84+SE. We've exchanged apps, asm files, and TI BASIC programs back and forth with no problems running them at all.

And yes, Omnicalc is the way to go!
--- Zim ---
--- Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana ---
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

He means they don't run as fast. I've done many transfers from my 84+ SE and 83+/83+SE. CrunchyOS for the wind!!! Mirage OS leaks RAM.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

Nathan1993 wrote:He means they don't run as fast. I've done many transfers from my 84+ SE and 83+/83+SE. CrunchyOS for the wind!!! Mirage OS leaks RAM.
Yes, they're not as fast.

The TI-84+ has some features that 83s don't, particularly times (because the 84+ has a clock)

CrunchyOS also runs BASIC programs slower than Mirage, but ASM programs faster.
iamdenteddisk
Veteran

about ti random

Post by iamdenteddisk »

I am an avid user of the ti-86 though your code is reminisant to the 86 its verry cryptic and I have fallen for the asm on the calc as it is so much more simple not only to code but to read aswell it apears allmost like english once you know a few of the many instructions.

I do however have a "verry large" database basic&asm with atleast 10 years of collection in "anything ti" software and my own creations and edits and known modifications and general documentation mostly 86 but still I can guarentee more on your 83 than youll find anywhere in 1 place so if you would like I can make it available. I dont know how much you love your calc but if you did trade up to the ti86 and possibly asm too you got a partener here. but what you can transpose your welcome to.
I useto make software for collage classes and sale it to folk's so I got alot of the interesting stuff to.

I also got an old ti994a console computer I got back to working and am delving into useing it to control a robot im building and useing my eprom programmer to make my own cartriges for it to change its behavior in different applications. still collecting resources for programming it though got all basic manual's still wanting any asm stuff.
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

I have a TI994A

Post by Kiyotewolf »

I have one of those TI computers.. The power switch broke so I had to bust it open and find a replacement that would fit, almost.. , got it to work, then put the sucker back together..

I love the TI games, like the Lunar Lander and the Frogger clone,..

In Extended Basic as well too!

o.o' how do you break into coding TI-83 Assembly language??? I have always wondered,.. I mean, how do you get down to editing the assembly, and getting it to run, .. and.. all those little things in between? And what kind of processor do they run under? A 6800 style opcode processor, or.. what kind of Op Codes are we looking at here?

I always have wondered how they get down to the assembly level of the calculator,.. Do you have to use an external editor on the computer and then download it to the calculator?

My library up in North Dakota used to have rows of TI computers for students to use.

What ever happened to that 4 color TI calculator that came out that one time???? Anybody ever get their hands on one of those babies?

I wants one.. .. I should've got it way back when..

Kiyote!
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.
Ralph
Veteran

Post by Ralph »

I used to have a TI-10, a $150 calculator that did the four basic arithmatic functions, plus SQUARE ROOT! Due to my being an electrical engineer in the power consulting business, the square root was a real wonder for me and made my short circuit calculations so much easier!

Then, I bought myself a TI-59 (?) programable calculator, ending up with an IBM PC.

Using QuickBASIC 4.5, I wrote a small program to create an array of A consecutive numbers, etc, and randomly select any number P, from 1 up to A. I tried to time the program on A = 16,383, and got 0 seconds. So, I timed it for running 23 times, with A = 16,383, and got 1 second.
Ralph, with QuickBASIC 4.5, operating under Windows XP, wiht anHP LaserJet 4L Printer. Bilingual in English/Spanish