Is Liberty same as Q?

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Anonymous

Is Liberty same as Q?

Post by Anonymous »

I got hold of a trial version of LibertyBasic 4.03 and I see that some codes are the same as of QBasic... Are they the same? is the only difference is that QBAsic runs on DOS whilst LIBERTYBASIC runs on windows?
if they have any other differences, pls. tell me.. :idea:
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Liberty Basic is totally different language. Its inspired by qb and have much same looking syntax. There ends similarity.

It has pretty kewl ide but i still recommend to check FreeBASIC.
And i do remember liberty wasnt cheap one also.

[EDIT]
Im not saying LibertyBasic is bad etc. Its ok, but cost/quality aint best possible and its only winblows compatible.
[/EDIT]
Zim
Veteran

Post by Zim »

I agree. I looked at it once and at first blush it looked like the way to go, but after checking it out further, it's really not the same thing as QBasic.

And yes, there's a cost. With FreeBasic being actually free, there's really no reason to consider anything else, I believe.
--- Zim ---
--- Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana ---
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

I were on winblows when fb .13b was latest version and even then, FreeBASIC was like 2 times better.
Faster (data read and loop's), compiled programs were same size, but fb is dos and linux compatible.

Because of FB, i was free to forgot winblows and move to linux.

Liberty is good try, but smells more like earning than real will to create good and powerfull language. IMO, end, system.