running QB in win XP

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Robot2037

running QB in win XP

Post by Robot2037 »

hi people
i havent coded in QB for ages, last time at my 486 (R.I.P. 486)...but now i wish to turn back to QB and make some AAA project...but how to run the QB? I used DosBox for running QB, but it seems to be very slow...is there some other way that i dont know yet? how do you use QB in win XP?
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

For me, running qb under XP never wasnt a problem. I just clicked QB icon i created on desktop 8)

Under dosbox it should run with no problems, except when compiling certain commands...those i dont remember anymore alltho.
Also i recommend you to check www.freebasic.net
QB syntax, works with windows and linux.
Robot2037

Post by Robot2037 »

lurah, thanx for tips
but my QB is not running under XP, only in dosbox, but i will try the freebasic, it looks fine, so thank you.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

I hate to say this, but WINDOWS XP DOS emulation is better than DOSBox's. If you must use the IDE, just click your QBASIC icon. Otherwise, if you don't need the IDE, just use BC (Compiler that comes with QB) or use FreeBASIC.
Robot2037

Post by Robot2037 »

thank guys, after i have discovered the FB, i dont want to use QB more. So thank for the FB tip and keep looking forward for my new project named Blo-X! :wink:
Im so glad some basic comunity is still alive, keep it up.