I need some help with a homework assignment [SOLVED]

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

johnnychick911

I need some help with a homework assignment [SOLVED]

Post by johnnychick911 »

EDIT: Topic edited by Z!re, post removed for being blatant lazy-boi homework.

Next time, show some effort before demanding an answer, and pay attention in class.
RyanKelly
Coder

Post by RyanKelly »

view print linetoclear to linetoclear: cls: view print
EDIT: Edited to not reveal the answer to the homework question. Z!re
darkprogrammer

Post by darkprogrammer »

Johnny

How about posting something interesting, like how you cleverly solved a difficult home work problem. I bet all the information you needed for your home work is in the book you already paid for.
johnnychick911

Post by johnnychick911 »

darkprogrammer wrote:Johnny

How about posting something interesting, like how you cleverly solved a difficult home work problem. I bet all the information you needed for your home work is in the book you already paid for.
Thank you to those who helped me I got an excellent grade on the assignment thanx to you.

Secondly, darkprogrammer, this was a HS class, we were not provided books, we were taught straight from the teacher's knowledge. Though he is a spectacular teacher it was only a seester long class and we were not able to get far enough to learn the information I needed. I would advise you not to make assuptions, or judgemets before you have all the facts. I needed help and I got it. So please do not post that type of thing in other peoples' forums, because, really, all we need is a little guidance, not negativity.

Once again, thank you to those who tok the time to help me.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

johnnychick911 wrote:Thank you to those who helped me I got an excellent grade on the assignment thanx to you.
No, you didnt get a great grade, you cheated and lied to your teacher to get a grade you did not deserve.
If you deserved the grade you should not have had to ask for the answer on a forum.
Dont try to hide your ignorance.
I have left this dump.
RyanKelly
Coder

Post by RyanKelly »

Z!re, before I comment I want to make it clear that I am NOT taking issue with your admin decisions.

I usually don't provide specific code to people looking for homework help, but in this case, all that was needed was three lines of code. I assumed the poster would be using it in the context of a larger program and figured my response would only be useful if the poster had some basic understanding of programming. It would have been useless to a cheater.
darkprogrammer

Post by darkprogrammer »

Now that the asignment is over, please repost it. I'd be interested in knowing the problem and how it was solved.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

RyanKelly wrote:Z!re, before I comment I want to make it clear that I am NOT taking issue with your admin decisions.
Dont worry, you can take up issues with my moding any time :P
I usually don't provide specific code to people looking for homework help, but in this case, all that was needed was three lines of code. I assumed the poster would be using it in the context of a larger program and figured my response would only be useful if the poster had some basic understanding of programming. It would have been useless to a cheater.
True, but if he wasnt a cheater he could have easily looked it up himself. After all, it's three lines of code.
And once again, if he had paid attention in class he wouldnt need to cheat on a forum.
Also, he didnt show any proof that he had actually tried to solve the problem, in any way.
darkprogrammer wrote:Now that the asignment is over, please repost it. I'd be interested in knowing the problem and how it was solved.
I beleive it was to clear only part of the screen.
I have left this dump.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Z!re wrote:
RyanKelly wrote:Z!re, before I comment I want to make it clear that I am NOT taking issue with your admin decisions.
Dont worry, you can take up issues with my moding any time :P
Really? That include me too? :D Well, all I have to say is, dear Lord Z!re :shock: still on this hwhelp flame quest I see

I personally wouldnt have done the same, but I dont disagree with what you did :roll:

Anyways, johnny, darkprogrammer's statement was valid, and I dont believe any negativity was ment...cool down, ok? You still got the assignment done. Also QB comes with a wonderful help file that I spent hours in, it would do you some good, its like having a text book...in fact I preferred the help file to the teacher's text book cause it was so concise [we didnt have text books either so stop complaining].

Also correct me if Im wrong but its the mods that decide whats valid to post "in other peoples forums", right?

Oh and a tip: There will always be homework-helpseeking flamers out there like Z!re :wink: [we love you Z!re, dont worry], just next time, when going on a forum, dont post its for an assignment, provide as much code as you can, and make sure you've already dissected the help file dry...if its still a stumper for you, Im sure there will always be people here that will care to enlighten you. In the meantime dont get discouraged, and good luck in your programming quest

~Thrawn~
"But...It was so beutifully done"