Problem Using DirectQB Library Manager

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

XMLTorrent

Problem Using DirectQB Library Manager

Post by XMLTorrent »

I found out about the DirectQB Library and I decided that I'd give it a try. I figured that it might alleviate some of the SVGA stress until I'm fully capable to understand how to code for it myself.

Now it says that I need to run the DirectQB Library Manager. Well this comes as a BAS file that you apparently need to make into an executable file. I opened the BAS file in QB4.5 and went to the RUN command and clicked Make EXE File. QB spews out an error at line 43 where the following statement is:

Code: Select all

CALL interruptx(&H10, regs, regs)
Now I know what this function call is for and I understand what it does, but my question is why is QB "error-ing" out right there? Does it have anything with the bug in QB4.5 or is it something else? Has anyone else who's used this library had this kind of problem? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance. :D
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Windows key + R, and type cmd (for XP/2000) or command (for 9x/ME).

CD to your QB directory. I hope you know how to do this. If not, google.

Run qb by typing

Code: Select all

qb /l
and open the program. Run it, and viola!
XMLTorrent

Post by XMLTorrent »

Thanks for the help with that one. I didn't know how to do do that.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I'm hoping you're not intending on using DirectQB for SVGA, as it doesn't work for that...

Off-topic: why do people continue to use CALL INTERRUPTX? You can just write it as INTERRUPTX and it'll work the same way...the whole CALL thing is so obsolete...