Does somebody know how to change the clipboard of Win?

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Stormy

Does somebody know how to change the clipboard of Win?

Post by Stormy »

Does somebody know how to change the clipboard of Win? I need this for my media-player...
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Try being a bit more descriptive...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

CosmoX 2.0 has clipboard routines for QB which you can access the Windows Clipboard with.

Or isn't that what you meant? :)
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

Yes, but i want a routine, which doesn't need a library, you know? To desribe my wanted feature: I want a routine, which allow me the access to the clipboard (copy&paste) of windows. The clipboard is the content of what i'm copying at the moment...
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

You're going to need a library anyways, as it requires the use of QB's default library. You'll need to look up interrupt 2Fh.

If you're thinking about making a sound slave using the clipboard, then you might as well forget about it...the clipboard method is exceptionally slow. I used the technique for the original DS4QB with mixed results.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

This INP & OUT doesn't work on XP-machines perfectly. But I found a newer inp/out-library for windows... so iam not forced to use the old library from win95. May I will post my results later, when i have finished my work... ;)