Help Pls

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

jothimani

Help Pls

Post by jothimani »

Dear Active Members,

I am new to Quick Basic. I have some programs having extention .frm. When i tried to open, message like 'Could not be loaded' in VB environment. How can i read the contents of that forms. Your help is appreciated.

expecting with eager,

With LOV,
Jothimani.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hello jothimani,

First of all, welcome to the community, may your programming skills flourish.

As for your question, the extension *.FRM is not associated to QuickBasic. This extension is associated to Visual Basic's Form module, and this is obviously not what you want. So my first question, why do you save your program in *.FRM format. The standard QuickBasic format is *.BAS.

However, if you want to view the contents of any file type, goto your explorer window, hold down shift and right click on the file you want to open, there should be an "Open With..." entry. Click this entry, and you'll get a program list, here you can select the program you want to open the file with (e.g. NotePad).

I hope this helped a bit,

Neo
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

.frm files are standard ASCII files that can be viewed with a text editor. The first line of a .frm file has a version ident though, so you're not going to be able to, say, load a VB6 form into VBDOS, and you won't be able to load them at all into QB, as Neo stated. Your .frm files will have to be opened with Visual Basic of some kind.