Tutorials from Pete's(by Pete)

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Disk1of64

Tutorials from Pete's(by Pete)

Post by Disk1of64 »

Sorry to keep posting total Noob questions but uh..... does any know how "good" the tutorials written by Pete are? I tried to use those as my first guide to learning Qbasic. The first lesson was pretty helpful. The second lesson however, was a bit confusing. I am still reading over and over to try to soak everything up. In the second tutorial he has you write a program for a **Guess the Number Game**, I was pretty excited to read that I'd be programming on my first day. It says something along the lines of type in his example code exactly as it is shown. My program worked for the most part, but when I tried to ask the user to quit, if you answered no...it would cycle back around to asking the user to quit. After a few minutes of desperate head scratching and going over my syntax with a fine tooth comb I realized that he used the variable N for two different things. That or somehow I fixed something that wasn't broken in the first place. Any more advice would be much appreciated. Also, someone plz reassure me that this all comes as second nature after a lil practice lol.
Stoves
Veteran

Post by Stoves »

Well, no tutorial is perfect, because people tend to learn a little differently, but if you keep doing what you're doing - reading the tutorials and practicing implementing the code, you shouldn't have too much trouble catching on quickly.

One key to keep from getting too frustrated if you get stuck would be to jump on the forum, post your code, and explain what you're trying to do. Usually you'll get an answer on what's missing pretty quickly.