Qbasic Virus MUHAHAHAHA!!!

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Raspberrypicker
Veteran

Qbasic Virus MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Post by Raspberrypicker »

Ok, this has always been on my mind for some reason ever since I started programming...is it possible to create a virus with qbasic?

If you could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it, one day I'd like to take over the internet using qbasic. :twisted:

LOL
I'm not saying that I wanna make one, i was just wondering.
Fruit Pickin'
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

In theory, I guess. But it will probably be more of a nucance than a threat with software and protected OSs.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Mac
Veteran

Post by Mac »

Lee wrote:ill give you an example for a virus
No, Lee, that is an example of a "Trojan Horse".

A "Trojan Horse" is a program that you hope the user will run. When they do so, it does non-intended stuff.

A "Virus" is software that the user will inadvertently execute because it is inserted somewhere in the user's normal software. Moreover, to qualify as a virus, it must somehow make copies of itself and send them to other people without their knowledge.

You need to write virus code in ASM.

Of course, you could distribute a program for users to download and run (a Trojan Horse) that has, via DATA, the code for a virus. When the user stupidly runs your program (never run anyone's EXE), it installs copy1 of the virus in some software that is permitted access to the internet on the user's system. The next time the user runs that other software, it will commence sending it to others, who will send it to others, etc.

Anyone caught doing such a thing should be severely punished and usually are.

Mac
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

About the worse damage you can do in QBASIC is POKEing to random places in memory, but with the program protections, even this is hard to do any real damage.
sid6.7
Veteran

Re: Qbasic Virus MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Post by sid6.7 »

Raspberrypicker wrote:Ok, this has always been on my mind for some reason ever since I started programming...is it possible to create a virus with qbasic?

If you could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it, one day I'd like to take over the internet using qbasic. :twisted:

LOL
I'm not saying that I wanna make one, i was just wondering.
did we get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?.... :evil:

PS.. do not post mischievous code here
Raspberrypicker
Veteran

Post by Raspberrypicker »

Sorry I had blackberries with my cereal this morning. :x

But no, i'd never, ever, ever make a program that wud just cause mischief.
Fruit Pickin'
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Raspberrypicker wrote: But no, i'd never, ever, ever make a program that wud just cause mischief.
Me to. I'd only make one if I got something out of it, otherwise it's a waste of time :twisted: .
Codemss
Veteran

Post by Codemss »

mmm I think it must be easy to make a program that destroy some important files that windows need to startup... Even, this is not a real virus, but it could do some serious damage, right? BTW, i don't know about internet with QB, so, it may be possible to send a mail too, but I don't know about that...
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

I don't think so. Operating systems protect their files, especially against batch programs. And Microsoft Outlook also has protection. Don't forget, a QBASIC program looks foreign when sent/recieved to the computer. If such a program is activated, the OS (at least for windows) will probably crash the program by generating an error. Well...insofar as a modern computer; I don't know about the older ones.