Linux QBasic

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Austin
Coder

Linux QBasic

Post by Austin »

Sorry I have not been around, school has been really been weighing me down. I recently switched my Operating System to Ubuntu Gusty T5 (Linux). I had to completely wipe out Windows OS because of Virus problems. I'm liking the change mostly.

Question: Where can I find a download of a QBasic Programming Application that is compatible with Linux?

Regards,
Austin
Quicky
Coder

Post by Quicky »

im pretty sure that to get qbasic you will need a DOSBOX
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You could also try using wine, but dosbox should work fine. I have Ubuntu 7.04 feisty fawn dual booted with windows, dosbox seems to work fine. It should be in your package manager, just do a search. Heres the dosbox site anyway http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

I recommend you to use DosBox instead of wine. Just type sudo apt-get install dosbox and youre ready to go. Read manuals tho ;)
k7
Coder

Post by k7 »

Austin, would you consider other BASIC dialects? How's your comp entry coming along? :D
Mac
Veteran

QBasic on Linux

Post by Mac »

You might try this forum:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/554399/
Austin
Coder

Post by Austin »

Sorry again. I have decided to go back to XP even though I hate it, everything is compatible with it and I'm not going to even try out the vista lol, I'll wait a year or so for that. Anyways, I'm going to start a sprite game with a story line.

-Austin

P.S. Sorry k7 that I didn't do your comp, been trying to sort out my computer for ages..