cannot maintain variables in the subs

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ummm...So Z!re are you saying that all I have to do is load it up
to my site and it can be bigger?

-Mit
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Works like this... after you register, you go back to you profile and it gives you 4 or 5 avatar opptions. 1 is load it off your comp, and the other is load it off a website.. If you got a site, yeah load it over and then back to here, :wink:

?You get that? it still got to be under 150*150, or it wont fit on the bar. :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:Ummm...So Z!re are you saying that all I have to do is load it up
to my site and it can be bigger?

-Mit
Yup
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:shock: :D You know, this once use to be a varible topic, now its the Mit, Rattrapmax6, & Z!re topic,.. wounder how many ppl come just to c "what we now",.. 8) hehe!!

PS: Maybe we should move to a topic under such a title (Mit, Rattrapmax6, and Z!re topic)?? lol :lol:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Nah, I like this one, so warm and cosy =)
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Yeah, got a point, so what are we up to now, any ideas...

Besides MOORPG, Space Warp, and what u on Mit.. somethin 3D I know, lol,. oh well, :wink:

Wounder what other statments there are to complian on,. hmm
#sets n thinks#,.. can't think of any know, lol :lol:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

How about having to use ; in C ?
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

sorry, don't have C :cry: :wink: But I do remember cing it in a C++ reference book alot,. lol,.. what it for, I was only flipping thru it?
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Wow! :shock: . You guys were busy last night. :) . Looks like I got catching up to do. :D :
Z!re wrote:Nah, I like this one, so warm and cosy =)
One word: ditto...(who uses that word anymore anyway?)
Rattrapmax6 wrote: Besides MOORPG, Space Warp, and what u on Mit.. somethin 3D I know, lol,. oh well, :wink:
Hmmm....Its a secrete (It's 1/3 done). He he. But it is 3D. :wink:

I don't have C either but I do have, and know C++. :D
I hope you were referring to the language C Z!re, I don't know you weren't clear.

-Mit

P.S.
Oh Yeah, I'm still searching for an image. Mabey I'll make one instead...
Most of the ones online are artists work, which are completly inaccurate to this guys character. :(
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Well I did it. :)

Two more things:

How big can the image be?(size, not height or width)
hmmm...I wonder how many pages could a thread hold on this forum... :lol:

I guess we're going to find out...
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yea! :wink: you finialy registered! :) wow, lol, that puts me, you, and Pete in the same time zone, k%l...

If you load it off the comp, under 6kb, ,.. if you load it off a website 3rd opption down, (the 2nd on it is loading and saveing to this site from another) it can be 150*150, how many kilos I don't know..

prob as much as you want since its not saved on this site... :D

On the QBNews forum, I've seen 'em get way up there to 5 n 6 pages, lol,. hehe!!!

PoP qUiZ: You into StarWars? lol, I once had this site, really sweet, had millions of facts on it, but heres is a fun one, :wink:

Q: In the first film where Qui Gon sells Anikins pod, who bought it??
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

In C or C++ you must use ; as end of line, it would be like doing this in QB:

Code: Select all

CLS;
SCREEN 12;
Print "Hello, World!";
Fancy ey =)
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Wouldn't it be more like this, C style in QB...

CLS;
SCREEN 13;
            {   ;
        PRINT : Text here :    ;
                }    ;
Or something like that,.. I don't have 100% photographic memory, but that something what I would see in a C book, lol,.. just not in QB..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:HOLY SH**!!!! :shock:
I haven't seen this bad programming since I first started out.
Making a program like that is VERY limited and VERY time
consuming.
PLEASE do your self a favor and learn the blessings
of ARRAYS and LOOPS.
Also NEVER use GOTO, even though you didn't use it
NEVER use it in your programs.....

-Mit
:) Boy this post really brings back memories and its only a few weeks/days(didn't check the post time,) old. The first thought in my head was,. Wow,. I like this dude already and its only his first post, or one of his first post, first on this thread,.. lol

:wink: Now, we (me, you, and Z!re) have like adopted this thread, hehe, lol :lol: Still can't help wondering what ppl visiting the thread think, I'm mean 3 very crazy QBers going at it must b funny,. lol

Sorry, Mit, lol, got to catch up again... :roll: I'm going to see if I can adventure into the DOS part of my comp, might not be back for some time, trafic is slow thru there for some odd reason,. :wink: lil boring after traveling the speed of light on the internet superhighway, but I'll manage.. hehe!
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

You guys really should check out freeBASIC
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D . I'm going to right after I finish SpaceWarp,. its hard to program on 2 things at once, thu I did it with BM2 and RoboRaider, but that was diff.

:P Seriously looks alsome, Nek's FIDO even more, hehe! :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:P < 1 Q, is the smilely opening his mouth, or sticking out his toungh? Says "Razz" whatever it is.. lol
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

It's sticking out it's tongue =) :P :D
I have left this dump.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Rattrapmax6 wrote:PoP qUiZ: You into StarWars? lol, I once had this site, really sweet, had millions of facts on it, but heres is a fun one, :wink:

Q: In the first film where Qui Gon sells Anikins pod, who bought it??
Well, $$$, I'm not into that part of the Star Wars universe
I usually focus into the 14 years after Episode 6: Revenge :shock: no wait I mean Return of the Jedi (I get confused cause ol' Lucas changed it a week before the release of it... :) ) hence my nick. But however I did use to know the answer to that question when I was like 8! But let me think for a moment....ummm...Got nothing. But if you have any trivia AFTER episode 6, feel free to ask. But If I had to guess it would be Watto, it would make sense.

... :idea: ... :shock: Ummm...Does anyone know why We're talking about Star Wars on a QB site... sorry Pete... :D

Z!re wrote:In C or C++ you must use ; as end of line, it would be like doing this in QB:

CLS;
SCREEN 12;
Print "Hello, World!";
Fancy ey =)
Rattrapmax6 wrote::) Wouldn't it be more like this, C style in QB...

CLS;
SCREEN 13;
            {   ;
        PRINT : Text here :    ;
                }    ;
Or something like that,.. I don't have 100% photographic memory, but that something what I would see in a C book, lol,.. just not in QB..
Ummm...Both of you are wrong...
It would be like this:

#include<iostream.h> //Opens input output library(this is a comment)
int main() //Main module
{
   int Dothis=1;   //C++ is Case sensitive and must declare var type before you use it
   if(Dothis ==1){  //If block, note double equal sign
   cout<<"Text Here"<<endl;   //Same as PRINT Text Here
   }   
   return(0);     //Must have on every program returns 0 if no errors occur for confirmed exit of program
}
So there :P !
What's that about your memory?

:shock: Ummm...Sorry again Pete. (C++ on a QB forum)
Rattrapmax6 wrote:
:wink: Now, we (me, you, and Z!re) have like adopted this thread, hehe, lol :lol: Still can't help wondering what ppl visiting the thread think, I'm mean 3 very crazy QBers going at it must b funny,. lol
Yep...
Rattrapmax6 wrote::P < 1 Q, is the smilely opening his mouth, or sticking out his toungh? Says "Razz" whatever it is.. lol
:shock: Where did that come from?? Do you have ADD? :D

RANDOMIZE TIMER
$$$ = 1
Randomtime = INT ( RND * ( 1 - 0 + 1 ) + 0 ) )
IF $$$ = Randomtime THEN 
PRINT " :P  < 1 Q, is the smilely opening his mouth, or sticking out his toungh?"
END IF
END
LOL :lol:

Now I could say more, like why not bring back threads Z!re?, but this message would probaly take up another page :D.
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:shock: ADD, no a doc thought that one time, but he was wrong.. My mind travels close 2 a million miles per hour,. I'm just thinking of a 100rd things at once, thats all, lol, :wink:

So I'm not Atintion(can't spell it, lol,just woke up) deff, I just have super atintion, (I solve many probs this way, lol) The only time I'm realy focused on one things would be, listining the certain car motors (Got my PS2 hooked thru AUX on my stereo, GT3 really sounds sweet this way, hehe, Jedi Starfighter does too!), When I'm looking foward out of a side window on me Jeep (Really don't won't stray your thought there, lol), and programing in QB, hopefuly C one day, what ever you wrote looks like fun!!.

Sorta get my signature now, aye? lol... As for the answer to the Q:, it was Sabulba, he was eger to get the pod that beat him, he even painted it orange, lol,... We did kinda stray from QB, lol, I'll PM you with another Quiz if I find one..

PS: as for your C code, lol, I knew I was forgetting something, lol :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)