cannot maintain variables in the subs

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ya, I just woke up too, same time zone i guess, anyway...

So that's what your signiture ment...hmmmm...ookkk

Code: Select all

Refer above to last post ^
LOL :lol:

Ya I forgot all about him, If I remebered sebulba I might have put that instead of watto, but I didn't. I gotta watch that movie again, Its been like years since I last seen that one (1 of my least favorites).

Well that's one of the simpilest C++ code there is (Ment for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 or Dev-C++). If you do C++, look into the Dev one,
Its almost the same as the Microsoft but its free (instead of like $500).
Plus Microsft really messed C++ up in the 7.0 and 8.0 (so its not really C but its like Micro C d :D ).

But there I go again straying... :lol:

Ummm...I also made a couple posts in your Space Warp forum You should see (never mind Z!re). :D

1 Q: Does anyone wonder why most programmers are guys?

Oh yeah do you know what my signiture means?
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

"But...It was so beautifly done, um, the StarWars seiries was beautifly done, lol?? lol :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

I actually know 5 programmer girls...
As in, know, they live close, I know them in person.

I also know Rhiannon and Meg
I have left this dump.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Ummm...No $$$, It's from Timothy Zahn's Star Wars: The Last Command. The New Republic is out guessed again by Thrawn, and its fleet walks into his hands. all in the battle is going bad for the New Republic but then Thrawn's bodyguard all of a sudden stabs him for tricking his race into serving the Empire (explained earlier in the book).

Thrawn studied his enemies' art, and thats how he got inside their heads and predicted what there are going to do.

But "But...it was so beutifully done" referrs to his last words he said after his killer said that was for dishonoring his race, which he was talking about the method that they were tricked (which was a work of art).

I think thats what his last words were...Its been a long time... :D .

But there I go again....

Wow Z!re thats more than I know...
Aren't you a girl too, I thought I saw that in one of the threads here....

But since this is a QB forum we should think of something QB related....Ummmm.....any ideas?
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:wink: You know if you make a Star Wars game with QB, you could talk bout em bout at once, lol. :lol:

Pitty drifting ain't in QB, lol,. You should have seen this guy in a Honda on the car show on NBC a hour ago.. darn, still a QB forum..

How bout we think up QB bots like Z!re was doing, corse Z!re, you and Nek said somthing bout stories, what where they??
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Hmmm...Star Wars game in QB, talk to me.... :)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Yeah, an idea.. what you saying? You'd know more on it than me, tho I could do you for GFXs, 2D, I don't realy get carried away with 3D thu I can grasp it, lol :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

I didn't mean story line stuff, how about a first person shooter?, an arcade style game? an RPG? a conquest like Age of Empires?

That's what I ment.

One more thing, 2D grapics are easy, now 3D gets tricky.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Well, if you going for like the game "Nights of the old republic" FPS sounds sweat.. You could do a Star Wars Starfigter Arcade.. I'm gd with rocket animation, right? :wink: lol.

Hmm.. that narrows it to 2, can't see an RPG, and I've never seen a conquest game be for so, lol.. There you have it..

I noticed you called me Rattrapmax6 a couple of times, you can just put Rattrap, Ratt, Kevin, or Kev.. lol,.. :wink: Rattrap was a Beast Wars Robot,. Max is short for Maximal, his team, and 6 is just me lucky number,.

:wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Ok yeah, I just didn't wanted to call you Ratt LOL :lol: .

Ummm..You never seen a conquest before?
And you can't see a RPG...Three words: Star Wars Galaxies. :D

In case of you haven't played it (neither have I) but you basically take control of your fleet and plan stragetic missions on worlds to take control of the galaxy. Or was this a conquest?

An RPG would be more like Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.(That's a third person shooter as well)

Those are what I'm talking about.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yeah, I could c starwars in the since of MRPG,. Mutible.Role.Playing.Game, where you could pick the role of diff creatures, space alien races, or humans... Sorta like Z!res MOORPB,. tho I forgot what M.O.O.Role.Playing.Game, stood for. :( ... 1 of them was Open, for Open word, go anywhere.

I c RPG as the role of 1 characture :wink: ... As for conquest, nope, I think I've heard of 'em, but I never really took one up.. Oh well, lol..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

MOORPG? Is it about cows Z!re? A cow RPG? :lol:
Just kidding, by the way did Z!re go away or die or did Nek get her?

I guess then I'll make a Conquest game and show you.

LOL :lol: ...I think we're taking over this forum...he he he....look at our posts per day...he he he...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:shock: Many have asked that,.. here look at this MOORPG That goes to the FreeBasic.TK page..?? wait, I thought this was in QB??
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

he he :D . Moo....
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Right, I realy don't think thats wise, its not about cows!!.. as for me, I'm going to drop out to go eat dinner, lol,.. You said something bout snow,.. thats brillant drifting!! Darn, where did I put the Jeep keys?!?!?! Found 'em, darn, the suns going down. :( , I'll just eat dinner. :wink: , then try that code, in QB,.. :D c I put QB in there, I'm so happy... QB QB QB, c I'm not falling off the topic... :wink:

I betta go eat, hunger is making me crazy.. :roll:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Hmmm...Jeep...Rattra likes cars...crazy drifting...keys.... :shock: ...watch out for the the squrills... :D

Ok, go eat I'm working on my program anyway, having trouble checking status of my polys (triangles)...I'll be eating soon anyway...

By the way...I'm having trouble with my Avitar...Its not showing up.
I have it on my site, its width: 150px X height: 143px and is about 20 KB saved as a .gif file buts its not showing up. Yes I've used the third option with URL and location but it comes up with a white box with an X in the middle...So Z!re or Pete or somebody thats still listening of this forum of crazy programmers, will you help? Mabey I'll make a thread on this...Thanks :D .
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:shock: , 150*149 20kb!! Yeah, you need the third opption.. save it to your site, or a hosting site... Then load it up that way, but don't use the 2nd that saves on this site like the first. :wink:

Going to do one 2 put on my FTP Space and see if that works,.. maybe I'll crop the xtr of my logo graphic.. :roll:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Mine is 128x127 and 3'572bytes
I have left this dump.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

'bout time you replied...lol

ummm...ok....so what's that have to do with my question?
I'm confused :?
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Rattrapmax6 wrote::shock: , 150*149 20kb!! Yeah, you need the third opption.. save it to your site, or a hosting site... Then load it up that way, but don't use the 2nd that saves on this site like the first. :wink:
Ya as I said I did load it up to my site but It won't appear here. I saved it as a jpg file now (same as Z!re's) and its 150*149 5KB but it still won't work. Mabey I should now srink it. :roll: .

So I still need help.

P.S. Go Patriots!!