Basic compiler

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Made a compiler

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 5

floogle11
Veteran

Basic compiler

Post by floogle11 »

Hey im still a nooby at programming after a year(I learn slow and i was not programming for 6 months) and i want to make a really basic compiler. So i want to write my code inside the program and then run it in there too. But i have no idea how to do that execpt to convert my language to Qbasic but still dont know how to do that. Can one of you help.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

That's too much work for the teacher! It is not unusual for a "newbie" to want to conquer the world, but they gotta learn the basics first!

Some people are slower than others. Take your time and enjoy the programming experience. Once programming becomes a CHORE, you may lose interest and never learn anything.

I think you already have over extended yourself. What have you learned by creating your own language? Better yet WHY did you start there?

Try making something useful to you or other programmers. Don't overwhelm yourself! Read some old posts and perhaps you can find something interesting.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
angros47
Veteran

Post by angros47 »

floogle11
Veteran

Post by floogle11 »

I started out making text games got bored of that so then i made little programms to help me convert things like fps to mph or mph to fps. Then i worked on graphics for a while but now i want to learn a little more complex things.

And thanks for the tutorial ill read it and get goin on this
Go to my Qbsite its: Trueqb.webs.com
Or if you play nazi zombies go to www.Nazizombys.com and register for cheats, hints, and strategys.
bongomeno
Veteran

Post by bongomeno »

I can probably help.

1st, I would recommend writing an interpreter first. compilers are VERY hard to make.

2nd, I have written a few simple interpreters and could probably help you. PM me as you go along or go on my site and Ill answer any questions.

The best interpreter I have created is PROSEED. The current release is fairly simple, but I rewrote it to where you can create GUI forms and windows for msdos. Im also rewriting the parser and all that. So I have SOME experience.

When I first started, I really wanted to make my own language as well. It took me a LONG time to figure out because I had nobody helping me and no internet, but I was really happy when I got some stuff working. And for me, programming is hardly a chore at this point (it can be when I am writing software for somebody else and am getting paid!). I like a good challenge and I think with writing a language, there is a lot to learn about programming and how everything works.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

You get paid? WOW LOL!
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
bongomeno
Veteran

Post by bongomeno »

I appreciate your support. At least I dont sit on my ass smoking weed all day like all of my friends...

Most of what you see me do here is more of a hobby.