Computer Network

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

iraklinda

Computer Network

Post by iraklinda »

Can i really get a job as a Computer Network $$$? I am in college and half way done with my AS Computer Network $$$ degree at my community college. I have bee researching jobs and find they require work experience. How do I get work experience?
Last edited by iraklinda on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongomeno
Veteran

Post by bongomeno »

It is not likely that you will get too far if you are simply in a hurry to make money. Learn to program in a few marketable languages like C (then C++), Assembly, Java, COBOL. Learn how to write software that communicates over a TCP/IP network. Then learn how to implement HTTP requests into your your software. And most importantly, get an education. Good luck getting said job without an intimate knowledge of networking and/or a degree.

If you have trouble learning how to program, learn BASIC. Become familiar with one language, but learn as many languages as you an. It is important for you to explore the history of the technology that you are dealing with. While you are learning to program, it is also important that you try your hand at writing various types of aplications. Don't get hung up on one language. Always try to improve and optimize anything that isn't what you intended.