qbinux, need help on this feature

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

mennonite

a few things about "qbinux"

Post by mennonite »

someone suggested a name change... "qbinux" is kind of hard to say, but it's good that it highlights the fact that it's based on a linux core component. "qbash" on the other hand, works well. feh.

also, if Console is a string, you certainly don't have to change it. i think you can just DIM Console AS STRING, although i'm wrong if the only way you can DIM AS STRING is if you also specify * lengthinbytes like you do for working with binary files. this saves you the need to change every Console to Console$ ...if you have a website that is hosting or highlighting this project, i would love to link to it. p.s. for your own sake. please, please look into FB. i have a page outlining the main differences linked from QB Express #9, if you're curious. it's been improved since. oh and do replace the sleep 2 commands with something better, like a q=timer+something:do:loop until timer>q or timer+something<q or inkey$<>"" 'if you keep the delays at all.
Zeerus
Coder

Post by Zeerus »

I'm still very new to QBasic, but I'd be happy to contribute graphics if needed. Other than that, I have nothing to offer.
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

See, that's where you're wrong. You can actually help.
Cause behind the graphics, goes code, and experience.

If someone else thinks he or she can help with qbinux,
be welcome to contribute...

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Zeerus wrote:I'm still very new to QBasic, but I'd be happy to contribute graphics if needed. Other than that, I have nothing to offer.
If you can make a graphic console that works with the core, I'll give it
a check and I might use in a future (soon btw) version of qbinux.
someone suggested a name change... "qbinux" is kind of hard to say, but it's good that it highlights the fact that it's based on a linux core component. "qbash" on the other hand, works well. feh.
Suggest a name for the to use as a cover-up... But qbinux stays as the core name, and qbash for the bash...

Hope to hear from you all soon!!

grtz
Seb