Quick Basic Language Reference Manual

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

victorf

Quick Basic Language Reference Manual

Post by victorf »

Is there, by any chance, a copy of the language rreference manual on-line? :?:

Any enlightenment will be appreciated. :)

Vic Fraenckel
victorf ATSIGN windreader DOT com
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I did a quick Google.. this seem promising:

http://westcompsci.pima.edu/cis100/basic-00.html

Its some type of online guide to the comands.. :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

If you are talking about QB, then go to the help section on www.qbasicnews.com.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yeah, but thats the same thing as when you use QB's help.. I think he wants something like a reference,..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Rattrapmax6 wrote:Yeah, but thats the same thing as when you use QB's help.. I think he wants something like a reference,..
I have the original Microsoft QuickBASIC reference manual. I never use QBasic, but when I need to look something up, I use the QB Online Help at Qbasicnews instead of having to go to my manual. They are fundamentally the same, and actually the QB Online Help is better and quicker to use.
victorf

Post by victorf »

moneo wrote:
I have the original Microsoft QuickBASIC reference manual. I never use QBasic, but when I need to look something up, I use the QB Online Help at Qbasicnews instead of having to go to my manual. They are fundamentally the same, and actually the QB Online Help is better and quicker to use.
I musty disagree with this. I much prefer to have a manual that I can hold and consult when my computer is not on. It's an older person's way of doing things. I like the quickness of having info available on-line most of the time, but it does NOT replace a book. Moneo, do you want to sell your reference manual? :lol:

I think I can use my old VBDOS reference manual for most of what I need to refer too.

Thanks to those that took the time to answer my question.

Vic Fraenckel
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Your welcome... I think... *hides in corner*
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

victorf wrote:moneo wrote:
I musty disagree with this. I much prefer to have a manual that I can hold and consult when my computer is not on. It's an older person's way of doing things. I like the quickness of having info available on-line most of the time, but it does NOT replace a book. Moneo, do you want to sell your reference manual? :lol:

I think I can use my old VBDOS reference manual for most of what I need to refer too.

Thanks to those that took the time to answer my question.

Vic Fraenckel
Yes, Vic, a hardcopy of the manual is always the best --- I'm an older person too. However, while you acquire a manual, the QB Help is an excellent alternative.

No, I'm not interested in selling my manual. I'll inquire how much it would cost here in Mexico City to copy it, and then how much it would cost to ship it to you (where are you?). Somehow I get the feeling that you could get a less expensive original shipped to you from somewhere on the Web.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I have "QBasic By Example by Greg Perry", that works as a nice lil reference sometimes.. :wink: And you can get it in most online stores...
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)

Post by Guest »

According to na_th_an's site, these are the titles of the manuals that came with QB4
Programming in BASIC: Selected Topics,
Learning and Using Microsoft QuickBASIC
BASIC Language Reference

I did an online search for one of them and it seems there are still places where you can buy them...Good luck!