Problems with files and other things

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

The Awakened

Problems with files and other things

Post by The Awakened »

Hello everyone, I am The Awakened, I used to post on the DarkBoard as Mattrunks. I stopped programming for a few years, but got back into it last month and continued working on my engine for my game, currently titled Subterra. Anyway, I have a problem. I recently reworked my map editor to support two layers, and I went to save a file with the same name as one I already had (map1.txt), and it went back to QB and said "Permission Denied". I went to manually delete the file with Windows and an error came up, saying "Cannot Delete File: Access is Denied. Make sure the file is not in use, or the disk is not write protected." Any ideas? This has happened in the past with my QB45 compiled programs, and they're still sitting in the same folder.

Re: Problems with files and other things

Post by guest »

make sure your closing your files after you open them in your
programs?

or

check the file attributes...it might be read only?

The Awakened wrote:Hello everyone, I am The Awakened, I used to post on the DarkBoard as Mattrunks. I stopped programming for a few years, but got back into it last month and continued working on my engine for my game, currently titled Subterra. Anyway, I have a problem. I recently reworked my map editor to support two layers, and I went to save a file with the same name as one I already had (map1.txt), and it went back to QB and said "Permission Denied". I went to manually delete the file with Windows and an error came up, saying "Cannot Delete File: Access is Denied. Make sure the file is not in use, or the disk is not write protected." Any ideas? This has happened in the past with my QB45 compiled programs, and they're still sitting in the same folder.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Hey Mattrunks, long time no see. :D

Post by Guest »

Nekrophidius wrote:Hey Mattrunks, long time no see. :D
Hey hey Nek. Glad to see you're still around. :D

Well, for some reason, the files are removable now, but the the compiled programs are still an issue. I'm sure I'll figure something out.
The Awakened
Veteran

Post by The Awakened »

Whoops, that was me in the above post.
"Sorry for beating you up with a baseball bat Julian, but I DID think that you were a samsquanch."