Compiling .Bas files from MS-DOS

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

cryptid

Compiling .Bas files from MS-DOS

Post by cryptid »

is there are way to compile a .Bas file to .exe from MS-Dos
say i have a .Bas file and the qb.exe and the other files such as link.exe BC.exe & the .lib files in the same folder will it be possible to compile the program into a .exe file

OR

is there a command like |C:\WINDOWS\QB45\qb -c File.bas| to compile the bas file to .exe

Basically i dont want to use Qbasic itself to compile the program,,, i am actually writing a program which generates .BAS file so i also want the bas file to get compiled automatically

Thanks
DrV
Veteran

Post by DrV »

If you're using QB of any sort other than 1.1 (the one that came with DOS and Win95, etc.) then you can use BC.EXE - just run it without parameters and it will prompt you for the information, which you can then put into a command-line form. Then you will need to use LINK to link all the .obj files (plus the QB runtime libs) into a .EXE file.

Post by guest »

where can i get another version of qbasic other than 1.1?
and what does compiling mean?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

compiling means converting the program into machine code so your processor can run it. Get qb45 here, at www.qb4all.com, www.qbnz.com, ect, and ect.
Valerie

BC ompiler Options... Etc..

Post by Valerie »

A description of what a compiler does, the BC compiler options and metacommands are here:

http://qbcm.hybd.net/issues/1-9/#letters
________
volcano vaporizer review