Pete's QB Site has officially reopened!

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Pete's QB Site has officially reopened!

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>Pete's QB Site has officially reopened!</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on July 22, 2004<br>
<center><h1><b>Welcome back!</b></h1></center><br>Four and a half years ago, Pete's QBasic Site was one of the largest and most-visited QB sites on the Internet. My site was a huge archive of QB information, and was famous for its "Daily Updates" policy and for being the first site dedicated to in-depth QB reviews.<br><br>But while Pete's QB Site was doing phenomenally and growing at an astounding rate, I was getting tired. Really tired. Tired of the constant work to perform updates, write new reviews, manage my staff, reply to emails, gather information, update new sections and post daily news. It was a huge strain on a fourteen year old--far too much work to be doing in addition to all my other obligations--and I just wasn't having fun.<br><br>So on April 28th, 2000, I quit. I didn't even say good-bye. I just abandoned my site. It went from a site that updated every day to a site that didn't update at all. I know I let a lot of people down. I'm sorry about that. But honestly, I never looked back.<br><br>...<br><br>Well, that is, I didn't look back until last December, when I was searching the Internet and decided to go check out the old QB Community that I was once such an active member of. A lot of my old QB buddies had moved on...but a lot of them were still there, like always, posting away on message boards, helping newbies, and working on new QB projects. I also took a look at all of the awesome programs that had been released in my absence and the fall of a lot of old QB sites...and the rise of new ones to replace them. <br><br>I also took a look at my old site and remembered all the good times I had, and all the friends I'd made through QBasic.<br><br>After a few days of pondering, remembering, I decided that I had to revamp my site and return it to its former glory. It was too great of a resource, too important to the QB community, for me to let it sit there, rotting away. So I started the long process of re-doing the old site and making it <i>even better</i> than it was before.<br><br>Knowing full well that I would once again lose interest in the project, I decided to make the site automated and updatable by the visitors. (And also more easy to update for the webmaster too, heh.) That way, as long as there was interest in my site from <i>anybody</i>, it would stay current.<br><br>Well, my prediction came true. I did lose interest in the site again. Unfortunately, I lost interest in it before I was finished redoing it. I originally had planned to open the site up again on January 1st, 2004. That date came and went. Not only did the site stay "in progress" over that date, but I just completely quit working on it. I probably wouldn't have finished it if it wasn't for the fact that a few people found the unfinished site in April and got really excited to see it back. That made me swear that I'd eventually finish it.<br><br>It wasn't until last month, June 2004, that I started working on Pete's QB Site again. This time, I was determined to have it open, at least by the end of the summer. I set a new deadline: July 1st. Once again, that deadline came and went.<br><br>Now, three weeks later, I'm still not done with the site. But as far as I'm concerned, it's done enough. I've had a change of heart. I'm tired of all this secrecy. Sure, there's a lot of unfinished stuff, a lot of sections that need a lot more content before they'll be remotely respectable, and a whole lot of stuff sitting on my hard drive left for me to add... But I'm tired of working and not getting any type of response or reaction from anybody. I want to have a grand opening, and damn it, it's happening today!<br><br>I'd like to thank all of you people who were around four years ago for hanging in with me during my four-year absence. And I'd like to welcome all of the new visitors who are coming to Pete's QB Site for the first time. I'm really hoping that all of you enjoy this site...because that is really my sole purpose for making it. I did it for the QB Community, which, I'm glad to say, looks like it has a long and healthy future ahead of it.<br><br>It's great to be back!</p>
Bud the Fish

Post by Bud the Fish »

Glad to have you back, Pete.
Jocke The Beast
Coder

Post by Jocke The Beast »

Yeah, it's been a long wait...and to be honest I never thought I would see a updated "Pete's Qbasic site" again.
Respect!
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
Anonymous

nice site! - Please add me in your links section.

Post by Anonymous »

Seeing as how you're attempting to add every site dedicated to QB I thought perhaps you would like my link as well.

http://www.jqb45.com

-Jeff
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Most definitely, JQB45!

Thanks for the link.
Anonymous

Thanks for adding a link to my site

Post by Anonymous »

I appreciate the comments.

-Jeff
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

No problem!

(And don't worry, a 1.5 star out of 5 rating actually isn't bad! Keep in mind that I rate sites on a 0 to 5 scale where the scale is set by huge sites with tons of content like V Planet! and QBasic News...that leaves smaller sites that have less content with a lower score simply by means of necessity!)

Thanks again for the link.
Anonymous

hmmm makes since to me...

Post by Anonymous »

Guess I will have to add content ;)

-Jeff