QB Express #11 Now Available

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express #11 Now Available

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>QB Express #11 Now Available</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on June 22, 2005<br>
The <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/exp ... html">June Issue</a> of QB Express is now available!
<br>
<br>This month we have a particularly excellent issue. For the first time in a while, I think that the Articles and Editorials are just as strong as the Tutorials in this issue. Matthew R. Knight brings us a funny and interesting personal narrative about "How [he] got started with QB", we have reviews of ASCII Scrolling Map Maker 1.0 and FB Sokoban, as well as a review of Astral Worlds in Lachie Dazdarian's new series "Searching For The Unknown". We've also got Project Updates on Qbinux, RapidQ & Legend of Aquarius, and an extensive preview of Syn9's The Griffon Legend in the gallery. Finally, there's an editorial by mennonite on flaming, a Where Are They Now? article about GBGames webmaster Gianfranco Berardi, and an interview with Sumo Jo by yours truly.
<br>
<br>As for tutorials, Deleter has brought us an extensive theory article entitled "Ecosystem Simulation Through the Use of AI", Moneo has created a spin-off of MystikShadows data validation tutorial entitled "Data Validation Implementation", dumbledore dishes the dirt on "Using WX-C In FreeBasic", and Pyrodap informs us on how he makes random Roguelike dungeons in his RMG Roguelikes tutorial. Also, MystikShadows has returned with the final two installments of his Professional and Commercial Application Development Series, Testing and Debugging and Installation and Integration.
<br>
<br>Plus all of the regular columns you're used to seeing every month -- News, Awards, Rattrapmax6's Comic, and more!
<br>
<br>A great collection of great articles -- that's what <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/exp ... x.html">QB Express #11</a> is!</p>
Jocke The Beast
Coder

Post by Jocke The Beast »

Far out! A great issue Pete...you're the man!

After reading the article about syn9's The Griffon Legend it struck me that we might soon be playing the best qb/fb rpg since Ped Xing's Quest (in my opinion). Will be great fun anyhow!

Keep it up Pete and don't forget to have a nice summer-vacation to 8)
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
Zeerus
Coder

Post by Zeerus »

excellent issue Pete, good job
I especially like the Sumo Jo interview, though I had no clue what QBasic was when QBNews shut down. But I have read into the whole Nek, Plasma, AAP thing, so I understood a little of it