Need help to compile my (using ZEPHYR SVGA lib)

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Need help to compile my (using ZEPHYR SVGA lib)

Post by Guest »

I have a columns clone, written in the year 1997.
I have some interest to publish it now, but I am using a shareware version of ZEPHYR's lib... so I am not allowed to publish the game.

Pls contact me if you have a registered version of the library and want to compile the program for me. Thank you.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

ZEPHYR's library is "dead" I doubt you'll get in any sort of trouble for publishing a game made using Zephyr's lib..
However, you should be aware that not many will be able to actually play the game..
As Zephyr and QB in general rely on outdated DOS drivers, and most people today run Windows XP with it's poor DOS support.
I have left this dump.

Post by Guest »

Z!re wrote:ZEPHYR's library is "dead" I doubt you'll get in any sort of trouble for publishing a game made using Zephyr's lib..
However, you should be aware that not many will be able to actually play the game..
As Zephyr and QB in general rely on outdated DOS drivers, and most people today run Windows XP with it's poor DOS support.
I tested it on several computers... All worked well without a single problem. My program doesn't have sound... so... it will be okay.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Well, it depends on what resolution you're using..
Anything above 640x480x4bit is unlikely to work on modern windows XP or 2000 computers..
I have left this dump.
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

really i think what Z!re hinting at is why not simple port your game to Freebasic and use a real Gaming lib like SDL, Allegro , or if you want FBgfx lib.

www.freebasic.net
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

ShadowWolf wrote:really i think what Z!re hinting at is why not simple port your game to Freebasic and use a real Gaming lib like SDL, Allegro , or if you want FBgfx lib.

www.freebasic.net
I wasnt.. :P
I have left this dump.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

SVGAQB is fixed at 256 colour resolutions. It uses an old, 100% compliant VESA driver that uses no special hardware optimizations, so it shouldn't have my trouble working in NTVDM. VDMsound's VESA enhancement should be able to handle modes above 640x480. But no sound? ???? Add some sound!
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Nekrophidius wrote:SVGAQB is fixed at 256 colour resolutions. It uses an old, 100% compliant VESA driver that uses no special hardware optimizations, so it shouldn't have my trouble working in NTVDM. VDMsound's VESA enhancement should be able to handle modes above 640x480. But no sound? ???? Add some sound!
It doesent work for me..
Worked in Win98 though, only thing that's changed is Win2K and more ram :P
I have left this dump.

Post by Guest »

Z!re wrote:
Nekrophidius wrote:SVGAQB is fixed at 256 colour resolutions. It uses an old, 100% compliant VESA driver that uses no special hardware optimizations, so it shouldn't have my trouble working in NTVDM. VDMsound's VESA enhancement should be able to handle modes above 640x480. But no sound? ???? Add some sound!
It doesent work for me..
Worked in Win98 though, only thing that's changed is Win2K and more ram :P
Okay... just try my program: http://mycgiserver.com/~lwchk/columns.zip

Its speciality, is a "professional" level bringing nasty surprises to you. (BTW, should I tell you what is the surprise?)
Remember to play w/ NUMLOCK OFF.