Operation - Quick Basic, Beginners Tutorial is being made!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

AiRMaN
Coder

Operation - Quick Basic, Beginners Tutorial is being made!

Post by AiRMaN »

Operation - Quick Basic

I started writing a beginners tutorial that teaches qb to the complete QB illiterates. I was a beginner myself and I've leaned QB through books and tutorial and 'Trial and Error' method - The hard way!; here i must thank deeply Raze 'Raze Tutorial', Vic 'Vic's Tutorial' and Max 'QBbootcamp' for their great and absolutely informative tutorials.

There are many great tutorials written for beginners on the web, but I decided to write my own for 2 main reasons:
- Refresh and sharpen my coding and ofcourse my TYPING skills!
- Provide helpful, interesting and yet funny document to read

My tutorial is a military-style tutorial, it has briefings (information) and missions (assignments) and a military terms all over!.

Progress. I finished the 'General' section and some of the basic commands, the estimated time to finish the tutorial is about 1 or 2 months from now, and I'll keep you guyz an' galz updated about it.
~AiRMaN~
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Cool. I like the military theme. Good idea.
nkk_kan
Veteran

Post by nkk_kan »

hmmm really nice idea....Military theme would be liked by many...
i would be more interested if you even write some intermediate (spelt right?) tutorials regarding POKE,PEEK,and many other deep dark secrets of QB not yet unravelled...
But it is upto to you.I can't force you..
BTW keep the good work up and just don't quit!
:)
AiRMaN
Coder

Just read below!

Post by AiRMaN »

I see some response and encouragement, I never thought I'll get any! :)
Thanx Nathan and NKK. I'm still working on the 'Tut' and it's now a big fat '65 K' of text ('13 K' compressed!), the general section took a bit longer than I thought at first, NKK maybe in the near future I'll be producing such 'Intermediate' tuts (See you spelled it right!) discussing Memory manipulation using POKE and PEEK and even some 'Advanced' like implementing ASM in QB though I find it pretty easy!.
~AiRMaN~
Skyler
Coder

Post by Skyler »

Hmm...
Are you planning to release it as just TXT or html and pdf as well?
For God so loved the world he gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him shall have everlasting life.
John 3:16
nkk_kan
Veteran

Post by nkk_kan »

oh yeah i did spell right! :D
and well i'm "nkk" not NKK....
and yeah don't quit..
actually i had also started to write a tutorial but quit in middle....
and yeah i am looking forward for those Intermediate tutZ...and yeah it is easy but i (and probably many) had some problems with it..
:oops:
and yeah one more thing... txt would be good and smallest....
but i don't deny html...
AiRMaN
Coder

Replies

Post by AiRMaN »

Hello Skyler, basically I planned on releasing 'Operation - Quick Basic BE' By the way 'BE' stands for 'Beginners Edition', as a Text only (Unicode) file but releasing an HTML file of the tut wouldn't be that hard!, I'll consider this, I'm even considering converting the Text file to an interactive tutorial by a programs made in the one and only QB!

nkk ( got it right this time! :~\ ), keep it up bro, and keep us updated about your tut!

Progress:

General section is finished with some installments now and then, I'm finishing up basic commands like ( PRINT, CLS, END, INPUT, LET and REM) and planning to write about loops after that!
~AiRMaN~