Announcing new game

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

D.S
Coder

Announcing new game

Post by D.S »

I'm just about ready to release another game. This one's called Ascii Arena, and departs from the path I took with Spy, where I just smashed a whole bunch of concepts together. It's not quite as complex as Spy, but hopefully a lot more fun.

In Ascii Arena, you run around the one screen map, trying to kill four computer players. You have 4 different weapons. The blaster, the shotgun, the nailgun, and the rocketer. Levels are randomly genorated, but you can edit the number of walls and their complexity. You also have a whole bunch of cheats you can use, from one that puts five more weapons on the map every time it's typed to one that makes everything go frame by frame Darkwoods style (including the bullets!). Ascii Arena also allows you to make movies of your matches for later viewing. And, best of all, it includes Ascii gibs and blood effects!

Right now, everything's done, except I want to fix a couple of bugs and add some stuff to the instructions. It should be released in a couple of weeks, at the most.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

interesting look forward to giving it a try...

HURRY!

:oops: :D