Space Warp!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Space Warp!

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I'm starting the main programing of my next QB project Space warp. A space shotter actionRPG with seek to destroy A.I.. I have high hopes of this program taking the edge of your seat role of RolePlayingGames. It will use the internal speaker for music & SFX, but I wrote the BA-SIC MU-SIC series, so that shouldn't be a big down fall. :roll: I don't have a SoundBlaster, nor much of anythink on this comp. Anyway, look out this summer for SpaceWarp! if not then, it will be released in December. :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Well, i wish all good to your project. It sounds cool, keep posting about your project :wink: [/img]
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

It better be cool... I've arranged the graphics pixal by pixal for better quality. I had a little flicker when testing the engine that move the ship, all though its clear as day sitting still. Course you can sit in one spot, the A.I. finds you, just better shot first though, lol, :roll: .

I'm hoping to put most of the engines together to make the intro (I love great intros!! :wink: ) today if I can find the time. Then I'll try and convert the intro to a mini trailer and release it prob in the graphic demos section..

It prob get a gd rating, its graphics are better than my Robo Raider which seems to be getting a gd rating itself, I still plan to rework Robo Raider a raycaster, (And you prob thought my mazes where hard enough from the top veiw, lol, or I hope, I got lost myself a few times).. :roll: ...
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I had a hard time getting the computer last sat n sun setting me back on starting the main programing. If I can't find time this week (with school n all) I'll try again this week end.

:roll: Hope this comes out well, and I hope its liked!! :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I got the trailer done. If you'd like to see it, email me. To keep your email from getting mixed up with spam, place "Space Warp!" or somethin QB related in the subject box. Be sure to ask for the trailer...

:roll: I was going to upload to this site, but I figured that it didn't need me loading up trailers. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Whats the html 4?? :roll:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

HTML 4 is a new version of HTML. The main difference is that they want you to use style sheets :cry: instead if the <center> and ectera tags :evil:
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

If you mean what the URL is for, it's a link to a hosting site, where you can upload any file you want, for basically as long as you want.

It's operated by the QBtk.com team
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

html,. URL, :roll: they sound alike, lol,. right, I'll prob just put it on this site, no1's emailed me yet, mayb I'll try that URL :wink: also.

PS: I know the diff between html n URL, I just still mix em up,. oh well, :)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Good news on me holding back releasing the trailer. I got to add some goodies, I've did up some production art and a wallpaper to go with it when I put it up on this site.

As for the game, I'm working on the storyline to build the engines around. Most of the engines are ready to go together.

So far so good. :roll: :wink: The wallpaper is allsome :!:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

The SpaceWarp Trailer is on this site now in the Graphics section. If you not n2 trailers, there is cool production art, and a nice wallpaper in the ZIP package also.

This is to show you what it might look like when its done. Production art was done with MS Paint to show you what the ships might look like in 3D.

Go take a look.. :roll: :wink: :)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I'm glad you released this today, since now I can use it to write my preview of it in the next QB Express. Good timing!
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yeah, I tried to EMail you it, but AOL sent a MailerDemon saying the file tranfer was illegal. Glad you got it anyway! Its small, but made with the engines I made for the game.. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D Seriously happy!,. I've just slapped to getter the last engine and it works wonderfuly!! The turret tug Seeks my x,y location, and then if I don't move out the way,.. BAM!!,. sort of speaking... :D

:D Then if I carefully set lose my laser, it react in a opposite maner on the tug... BAM!!,.. It also produces lovely fire fights, lasers in both directions, (I normaly lose when this happens :lol: ) :D

:D :wink: This is really starting to look like a keyboard pounder, can't wait till I get multible tugs, HeeHee!! :D

PS: Thanks, Nek, 4 straiting up my BSAVE-BLOAD code, realy cut down on Lines when testing this,. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Rattrapmax6 wrote:I had a little flicker when testing the engine that move the ship, all though its clear as day sitting still.
You probally know this but when I was searching for my 3D thing,
I came across a goodie in ASM. Its a short command that pauses
the program until the monitor finishes drawing what it has to draw in
its buffer.

Put this in the appropiate place in your code:
--------WAIT &H3DA, 8.
Its very useful to me but I wasn't sure you had it. :)
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Put it right before you do any major drawing, like putting the buffer on screen.
I have left this dump.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

No Z!re I thought it was supposed to be put after you draw.

Its like a pause, waiting for the screen to finish drawing what its been told to draw.

Thats where I always put it and if I take it out of there my program flikers like crazy. I'm talking from experiance, though I could be wrong...
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Oh, sorry, I patch it up.. Yes I was using H&3DA, 8, and I put it b4 my gfx codes.. my real prob was this.. Code 1, Before:

Code: Select all

DO
press$ = INKEY$
FOR i = 1 TO 6
H&3DA, 8
IF i < 3 THEN PUT(sx, sy), ship1, PSET
IF i > 3 THEN PUT(sx, sy), ship2, PSET

Bunch other stuff here...

NEXT
LOOP UNTIL press$ = CHR$(27)
If you notice where I put the INKEY$ promt, it was only promting 1 out of 6 FOR..NEXT loops, this caused a over load making my gfx flicker.. I noticed this yesterday and did this...

Code: Select all

DO
FOR i = 1 TO 6
press$ = INKEY$
H&3DA, 8
IF i < 3 THEN PUT(sx, sy), ship1, PSET
IF i > 3 THEN PUT(sx, sy), ship2, PSET

Bunch other stuff here...

NEXT
LOOP UNTIL press$ = CHR$(27)
Looks loads betta, lol,.. Now it promts INKEY$ on ever loop. :wink: , now I'm going to see what more I can do to this b4 the 1 o'clock eastern car show, hehe!!,.. :D
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I did up a demo for this new engine to show what you can ecpect from the A.I... Either visit my site, Click Smiley::D, or go directly to the download, Click Smiley: :wink:

:D If you havn't visited my site, I suggest you do. :wink: If you already have, just go direct..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)