Space Warp Beta(Mouse and Keyhandler!!)

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Space Warp Beta(Mouse and Keyhandler!!)

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D , I got what should be the last Beta!!!

Controls as follows, For Mouse mode,. slide mouse UP-DOWN, LEFT-RIGHT to move ship in same matter, left click fires. For KeyBoard, Arrow keys moves the ship, SpaceBar fires!

Made a inprovmant also, it now has rapped fire!!! :wink:

Download :arrow: Space Warp Beta II

Enjoy..

PS: The stick on the right side is now fixxed.. :D
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

The thing that goes down when they die, there is no gravity in space!

Flickering...

It's too easy! Formations, dear Watson, formations!
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Nathan1993 wrote:The thing that goes down when they die, there is no gravity in space!

Flickering...

It's too easy! Formations, dear Watson, formations!
1. There is no gravity in my game, Your traveling foward so when you blast the tug, he is just dropping back...

2. I'm trying every thing I know, and its not as bad as it use to be, the Mouse is clearer also...

3. ITS A BETA! Sorry, must be nicer to Sherlock Holms fans :wink: . The real game is sure to have four to 5 maybe 6 tugs trying to blast you... :D
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Hello, Rattra! :D

I saw your new demo....
:shock:
LOVE THE MOUSE, keyboard should DIE!

More suggestions:

You, my friend need secondary weapons, a star background, take care of the flickerage, formations, and mabey a get ready or you fly a little before it starts mabey? Star thinking of a boss too (a bunch of little ships weilded = boss for easy boss making!)
Enough?

1. For flickering: check to see when each ship moves and ONLY erase
and draw when it does. If you already did that, make sure your erase is RIGHT before your draw. If you have that, make sure you have your WAIT &H3DA, 8 Right after your draw. If you have all that try to optimize your code, or update the drawings less each loop, like every other DO loop update the world (draw everything) (sacrific some choppyness for less flickering, balence it out!) That's all I know on making it less flickery.

2. For the others I could help you on, but I am assuming that you have good inginuity....I could do all of the above, so you could too!

Well I hope you enjoyed this constructive critizism. I did lol :lol: .

Mabey I should whipp up something like this, not too complex, this demo you have, could probaly make a full engine in mabey 30 hours? :wink:
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Hehe, freind? hope you know, I've never held a freind over 1 and 1/2 years,.. cept QB :lol:

I really hope you know,. my ship is rolling along quite fast,. :shock: after 3000mph you don't see any thing go by (scaled it out on QB) and my ship is going fasted than that.

All this is Beta and Demos,. the real game you start off flying and you're ambushed during cargo transit. Boss ship, still thinking one up,. hmm,. still havn't got a full script yet... need to find time!!! Seems like something is always getting in the way! Never mind that...

Flicering,.. hmm, I've tried WAIT &H3DA, 8 ever wich way I could,.. it did it best at the top... Masks go down first, and not tell they move, but the tug is always moving, you can sit still and the BlueGumBall will be clear as day..

Inginuity? Yes, I'mm very good at oganizing code and putting it in a way that makes my code work with ease... heh heh,. I used BSAVE in BA-SIC MU-SIC 1 & 2 to create text files and it works like a dream!!

I've set and thought up lots more, in less the 30hrs,.. one setting, I can code quite alot.. :wink: course I set there all day almost too, so, :D
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

:shock: I hope the friends are still...*gulp*...a..l..i..v..e.

Oh, yeah as for the story line on your web site....
Now where have I heard that before? Now, now don't rush me...I'll get it eventually...

Oh yeah, I have it! Star Wars, anyone? Han solo, anyone? Jabba, anyone? Greedo, anyone? 10,000 cred reward on Hans head, anyone? Illegal smuggling (redundant 'cause you wouldn't smuggle if it wasn't illegal) of the spice, glitterstim, from kessel, anyone? Imp patrol, anyone? Han dumped the spice when he was boarded, anyone? Jabba no happy, anyone? Spice worth 10,000 creds, anyone? Bounty hunters after him, anyone?

Sounds like the same story...Employer not happy for losing cargo, sends out his goons out for you...Heh...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:shock: Uggh, I never even remembered Han Solo!

But he was a smugular (can't spell), my dude is a intergalatic UPS or USPS style cargo company with a badguy boss... And my dude drops cargo to make his ship more nimble when he finds himself tangled in a astroid field..

No, lost during school switch overs, had one down the street for a long time, but he's off in the army now.. or training to be, not sure... :wink:

:D You still noticing errors, aye? :lol: Han Solo, hmm, oh well... :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

he, he, it just looked familiar.
BTW why did he need to make his ship more nimble?

Here's the parallel:
Star Wars|Space Warp
Smuggler| UPS -same thing (one's illegal though)
Jabba | Badguy boss -Jabba was Han's bad guy boss
Han drops cargo in the nebula at end of the kessel run to save his ship from inpoundment+jail for him|Dude drops cargo to make his ship more nimble to go though an astroid field to save his ship and life. -Both dropped cargo to save ship/life
Jabba angry, sends goons out for Han|Empolyer angry, sends ships out for you -Both angry bosses want to kill their employees for dropping cargo

I'm sorry but things like this just tugg at the back of my brain. Heh....
I like the story line though anyway. :wink:
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Okay, exacly alike, well, at least your a Star Wars fan, :D :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

he, he yep. :D

Viva la Star Wars!
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Okay, I took out PRINT, nothing, still flickered,. But, I put my game on super slowmotion, then watched,. It displayed my picture 5 loops, then it disapears for 1 loop.....

This was with WAIT &H3DA, 8, once at the top, then I did it again at the bottom, same thing each time... WAIT!!! Picture displays 5 times each loop!!! I have a 6 cycle animation loop!!!!!! Look at this.

Code: Select all

DO
FOR i = 1 TO 6
IF i > 3 THEN PUT (sx, sy)SHIP, PSET
IF i < 3 THEN PUT (sx, sy)SHIP, PSET
NEXT
LOOP
Look at it, see it.... I'll let you figure it out, hehe, I did, and now my program is as clear as day my friend.. :D
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Nemesis
Coder

Post by Nemesis »

Flickering might have stopped on your monitor but, it might not work
so well on others... :cry:
Not sure though, just a guess.
To stop flicker use a double buffering technique.
If you don't know what that is or how to do it then, just ask :wink:

CYA!

Nemesis
Rattrapmax6(On wrong usr)

Post by Rattrapmax6(On wrong usr) »

I've not released the one without the flicker yet, when I do, check it out!!!,..

-Kevin (xtrGRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Hmmm....I looked at the code and can't figue it out....Oh wait there it is...doh!

It doens't draw anything when i = 3....heh! :wink:

Well, I glad you figured it out :D .
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Right, I forgot the (i <= 3) on the first one,.. no ASM would fix that, hehe, since there was no pic to began with.. :D :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

he, he :wink: