Map Makers?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Zamaster
Veteran

Map Makers?

Post by Zamaster »

Anybody know of any good freeware map makers? Something like, take a bunch of tiles in a bitmap/bitmaps and arrange them into a map which can then be saved in an easy to read format? There are probably a million out there, I just cant find them.
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

ms paint? :P :D
I have left this dump.
DaveUnit
Veteran

Post by DaveUnit »

Mappy is the only one I really know of.
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/ ... robmpy.htm
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

I'm working on one in FB/OpenGL, it needs a lot of work but it does work for now. You'd probably need to mess with the file format to get it to work for whatever you want to do.

It's in no condition to upload right now (extremely easy to crash your system with it) but I'll probably have something ready within a week.
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
Zamaster
Veteran

Post by Zamaster »

thats lookin' pretty hot Xerol! I was working on one in VB for something I making right now, but gave up cause I didnt feel like finishing it. Can I get a copy of yours as soon as its ready to roll?
RUN\DOS\RUN
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

mappy 1.4 is what I use for all my PCE development (since the compiler understands the format natively) but for PC games, I always make my own map editor since every game demands different specs. You're better off going this route...
Zamaster
Veteran

Post by Zamaster »

Your right... Ill just have to take a vacation from the computer before I do that 8) .
RUN\DOS\RUN
PlayerOne

Post by PlayerOne »

Nekrophidius wrote:mappy 1.4 is what I use for all my PCE development (since the compiler understands the format natively) but for PC games, I always make my own map editor since every game demands different specs. You're better off going this route...
Mappy is pretty decent. Depending on your requirements, you can get it to write custom data files with a bit of Lua.