A few things

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

A few things

Post by {Nathan} »

1. For the review for DGame, it says in the summary you first see "A simple screen 12 RPG" or something like that, it says screen 12. In the discription, it says that it is a screen 9. Why did I read the review? It is one of the few I haven't read yet.

2. For the review on minirpg 3, I believe it deserves a 100% because it is MINI for a reason.

3. Is there a way to do clipping with double-buffering? Or must I do something like this:

IF x < 321 and x>-1 and y < 201 and y > -1 then poke.... (into the array that the buffer is stored)

Or is there a faster way? Thanks all

4. Is it possible to do something like this, and if so how would you achive it?

Monster(6).Atteck(4).Strength

That would really help, thanks all.
I also still have gmail invites.

5. Pete, you might want to add a new topic link to the view message board thing, and it has a popup asking you where you want to post it. Mabey do that if you are bored, but you should also appoint active monitors the can monitor forums/downloads/tutors and delete all unneccasy items. They could also warn other monitors for doing bad things. Not a must, but a good idea for when this site goes down (which will probably be when you die, but people WILL program in QB still. Just imagine how fast a p*p engine will go in 10 years. will go in 10 years. Whoa! Dejavu! Whoa! Deja... I'll stop now...)

6. Does DOS run fastest in:

Pure MS-Dos mode
DOS Box in...
XP
Or a pure-100% DOS-only computer (mabey blue on it (you know, the kick @$$ gui made in QB that had a custamizeable desktop... ill upload it if I can find it))

7. Does anyone have the winsock library and/or tutorial?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

*bump*
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

#1 & #2: All of those reviews were written back in 1999-2000 when I was 13 or so. I know that they've got flaws, but I'm certainly not gonna go back and change them.

#3 / #4: I don't have time to answer these right now... anybody else?

#5: Other mods really aren't necessary. I've got a small site here, I check it regularly, and I can easily moderate the entire site myself. And adding a link on the main page to post a new topic isn't really very necessary either -- not to mention the fact that I didn't program this board and don't know how to do it.

#6: Pure MS-DOS mode, of course

#7: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Winsock was built into windows. You can access it with v1ctor's DSock library (check QB Express #1).
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

#6 is pretty subjective. It all depends on the computer you're using. While it used to be that pure DOS was certainly the fastest...nowadays, things have changed a bit. So it's all dependant on your system. :D
m2j

Post by m2j »

#4 as far as I know you can't do

type userdefinedtype2
a as integer
b as string * 10
end type

type userdefinedtype
a as integer
b as string * 10
c(1 to 10) as userdefinedtype2
end type