Scientology protest in Hollywood

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Scientology protest in Hollywood

Post by Pete »

If you guys have been paying attention to the news the past few days, you've probably seen a lot of stuff about the group "Anonymous" doing a worldwide protest of Scientology yesterday.

Well, some friends and I joined the protest Hollywood -- which attracted HUNDREDS of people (I personally saw over 500 different protesters).

I wrote up a blog article about it here:

http://www.bandergrove.com/?p=4

And posted photos here:

http://flickr.com/photos/peteberg/sets/ ... 884916742/

Check 'em out!

Oh, and if you're wondering what all the fuss is about, this will shed some light on the situation:

http://www.xenu.net
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I don't follow the news, but it's good to know that someone is giving those morons a political beating.
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

Very much agreed.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

uh oh tom cruise will get mad at you!

:)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

fork Tom Cruise.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Oooh yeah! You got to play with some of them fellow female hippy protestors? Did you eh? Oh, boy!

Yes, I suck.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Why do I have the ever so slightest feeling that you guys don't like scientoligists? It takes much discipline for the scientologists to keep a straight face.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Not that i see any point in scientology but if someone someday arranges a similar protest against christianity, i will follow with high interest what peoples has to say about it.

Personally i think scientology is just a "trend religion", which propably is forgotten in next ten years.
SMC
Coder

Post by SMC »

I once bought a dianetics book out of curiosity. After struggling to figure out what the hell I was reading for about a third of the way through I finally realized it was propaganda to get me to buy about fifty more books. I was like "???? You mean I've got to buy and READ fifty more books to learn all the cool super mind powers?" (I was, at times, a gullible teenager). I then threw the book away, proclaiming it to be 'a piece of crap', and got a membership to QPBC where I ordered numerous books on improving memory and thinking ability (I can't remember any of it though, lol).
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

E.K.Virtanen wrote:Not that i see any point in scientology but if someone someday arranges a similar protest against christianity, i will follow with high interest what peoples has to say about it.
I would follow such a protest with great interest too. I am a Christian, and even if you don't agree with Christianity or think that Christians believe some extreme things, you have to admit that Scientology is much worse. I mean, volcanos, H-bombs, thetans, jet planes, and Xenu?
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

BDZ wrote:I mean, volcanos, H-bombs, thetans, jet planes, and Xenu?
err...walking over the water,feeding a thousands of peoples with a few bread, sea that moves away when peoples walks it bottom..man who is killed in a huge cross and who gets back to book of living peoples after few days...
burger2227
Veteran

YUCK

Post by burger2227 »

I don't believe in ANY religion! After all, every one was created by man and man always seems to have this URGENT need to get into your pockets!

I'd rather worship FB than that............

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
BadMrBox
Veteran

Re: YUCK

Post by BadMrBox »

burger2227 wrote:I don't believe in ANY religion! After all, every one was created by man and man always seems to have this URGENT need to get into your pockets!
Hey! Something we can agree on :o