QBasic Dungeon Crawl RPG

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

reku

QBasic Dungeon Crawl RPG

Post by reku »

I took some qbasic classes back in high school and recently started playing with it again. I'm in the process of making a dungeon crawl game with semi-random maps and lots of different playable characters.

If you have a little time to kill and feel like testing it out, that would be great. Its in a rough state atm, I guess you could call it a playable alpha. Any kind of feedback would be welcome, be it about game play, the code, or anything else.

The first 20 floors are good to go, 30+ is playable but not polished. Each of the 40+ characters is playable as well, if you have any questions about their abilities just let me know. (I'm holding off making in game descriptions until I'm sure there wont be major changes)

If you do decide to play it, there are a few things you'll need to know (Instructions are not in the game yet.)
-Esc to quit
-Tap arrow keys to move.
-Spacebar will open or close the menu. (Most of the time, its not really functional yet.)
-On the character select screen, use arrows and enter to pick your characters, or r to select a random one. After choosing you will be prompted to type a name, after doing so press enter.
-Other commands will be issued with the number keys.

I'll put up the link in my next post, my first cannot contain one. =)
Last edited by reku on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reku

Post by reku »

mediafire.com/?g8clg9bmoc8bnqo LINK NO LONGER AVAILABLE!
Last edited by reku on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Suggestions:

1) Always SAVE AS Text readable or people will not open the download.

2) ZIP the file before uploading it to the download site.

This allows people to check the ZIP file and read the program code before running it.

Also, I don't recommend using EXE files in a download, which you didn't, which is OK.

Ted

MOD
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
reku

Post by reku »

Thanks for the tips. I'll edit the download link to a copy of the file that meets those standards.
Kiyotewolf
Veteran

Post by Kiyotewolf »

Do you have a self-built sprite editor or are you using an established one like PIXEL PLUS 256?

~Kiyote!
Banana phone! We need more lemon pledge. * exploding fist of iced tea! * I see your psycho cat and counter with a duck that has a broken leg, in a cast.
coma8coma1
Veteran

Post by coma8coma1 »

file no longer available.

i'd like to play. if the original poster still has this file up somewhere, i'd like to try it out.

thanks! -,8,1