3D anaglyph Games in qbasic

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

depot1

3D anaglyph Games in qbasic

Post by depot1 »

3D anaglyphs must be viewed with Red Blue glasses
lets say you want to make a 3D anaglyph
Background or sprites
well ...... Most of you know you can
load a .bmp file right
so get the 3Dcombine
it's very easy make 3D photos
go to http://www.3dcombine.com
in the program you'll see at the tab "Batch"
click this and select "combine"
load photo left & right
to take photos
take first photo them slide camera to right 1 1/2"
this gives the same perception as two eyes

this would be very awsome to some games like this
just photos by them self are cool to look at
good luck
thanks

Post by guest »

interesting idea for qbasic games...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Funny, I was just thinking about the same thing not just but a few days ago.... I know a lil about how to make gfx 3D effects like that,.. Tho I lack any of the glasses right now so I can't really experament with it... :( .. wonder if my bro still has those glasses... hmm.. :roll:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
DrV
Veteran

Post by DrV »

If I remember correctly, Duke Nukem 3D had some support for red-blue stereo glasses; it didn't seem to work quite right for me, though (probably had the wrong glasses or something). Pretty cool idea. :)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

If you have the red and blue back-ward from the entended, or the way they tested it, it can mess it up... Basicaly the picture you seen is drawn, then a 3D tilt of it is draw in blue on 1 side, and red on the other... The Red/Blue lenses filter this out and create a 3D effect... exact metho I never had time to play with, my bro lost the 3D glasses.. XD

^^^ That should work, the glasses need to be Blue left, Red right... I think thats backward, but you ought to be able to reverse the glasses,.. or invert the image, either way... 8)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I searched ebay, you can get them there for less than 2 bucks :-p. I wish I wasn't poor.
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

That could be cool for making a space game where things come towards you. I'd find some glasses if someone actually attempted this. :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Nathan1993 wrote:I searched ebay, you can get them there for less than 2 bucks :-p. I wish I wasn't poor.
Just get one of those cheap HarryPoter glasses, and some Red & Blue celifine... That might work... lol ... Whats the pattern? Blue on the left, or Red on the left?

Edit:

Here's a good source for this topic: :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereoscopy

Lots of info on this topic with actual pictures of the 3D images and other cool things... ^_^
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

HI!

I found this while searching, and since I've made some anaglyph things in FB, I figured I might as well post, even though this is 3 years old. :lol:

http://dave-stanley.dyndns.org
The Dr. is INsane!!!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

oh, nice one, but uh how much centimeters are 1 1/2" (inch?)
Isn't an "(inch?) about 1,54 cm? makin that around 2,29 cm?
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

hmm..
1 inch = 2.54 centimeters

is there a standard? i just translated the camera over far enough to get nice results. on the colored one you can adjust the eye seperation. ;)
The Dr. is INsane!!!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

so that makes it 1 1/2 inch
2,54 cm + 1,27 cm = 3,81 cm

for easy reference 1 1/2 inch is 4 cm then?
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

well, 1.5 * 2.54 = 3.81...
The Dr. is INsane!!!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

well , not . but now I understand. 0,81 cm is 8,1 milimeters, and 81 micrometers... dunno about you but 4 cm's is okay in that case...
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

I'm not sure I'm following you. I understand what you're saying abouyt the conversions, but are you talking about a standard distance between the cameras in anaglyph rendering or something?
The Dr. is INsane!!!