QB Express #13 Deadline

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express #13 Deadline

Post by Pete »

The deadline for QB Express #13 is approaching!

Deadline: August 15th

You can send your submissions to: pberg1@gmail.com

We are looking for all types of articles, including tutorials, game reviews, editorials, interviews and more. If you are interested in writing, but don't have a topic, check out the Official QB Express Article Requests Thread. (You can also request for articles to be written in that thread.)

So...Get writing!
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

Might have a new insider on qbinux... I'll mail ya about it if I have it ready!

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
mennonite

i'd like to see that

Post by mennonite »

i've peeked at some info on qbinux, of what's been in the qbe, but i'm not still certain what all it's meant to do. i've been trying to start from the beginning and read *all* the qbe articles, (i'm on issue #3, and i've read a fair bit of 8 - 12) but all i know is that it contains a qb "bash" shell...
if there's a qbinux faq, i'd love to see it.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I would love to see it... then hack it. I really do loom forward to seeing it, especially if it is good, like linux, is fast, and has way I can make utilities on it, and I can use dos on it without crap speed.

If it can do this, and it is bootable (well, thats a plus), qbinux, your going to me laptop.
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

There is a slight option it's getting boot-support but not certain yet, if it does it's going to run on Novix, with the proper credit. In the end I hope to have it like Linux.

Till next time.

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Xerol
Veteran

Post by Xerol »

The deadline's passed, can we expect the next issue soon?
If you need music composed in MP3, WAV, or MIDI format, please contact me via email.

Xerol's Music - Updated Regularly!
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I'm working on it. It should be out in a few days if all goes well. I'm extremely busy right now, since school starts next week and I've got a lot of summer-long projects that I've got to get finished in the next few days.

I just spent the last three days completely overhauling my college's TV Station website, so that's why QB Express will be delayed a bit: http://www.ictv.org

I'm the web director. It's definitely the best website I've ever built, but a helluva lot of work. Especially with 21 shows getting produced this semester. I am also producing a cartoon show for the TV station, so I'm doing a LOT of preproduction work on that. It's called "Unicorn Boy". Once the first episode is finished, I'll post a link for you all to watch it online.

But getting back on topic -- QB Express #13 is in the works. I've just begun putting it together.

Anyway, if any of you still have articles to submit, send them in! You can keep submitting stuff up until the issue comes out.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

You got a tut in the mail.... :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I'm putting together Issue #13, and it's looking kinda... empty.

At the moment, the page count is about half of what a normal QB Express issue has, and the articles / editorials section is looking very sparse. We don't have a single review, interview, or article about the Qmunity this month. It seems like a lot of people went overboard submitting to issue #12, and forgot about QB Express #13!

So if anyone has some spare time today or tomorrow, please write an article!

Thankfully, the tutorials section is strong this month as usual, except for the absense of Na_th_an's tutorial series.
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Say Pete

Did you get my article on Qbinux?

If you want I can write an addition, since I have upgraded to PDS and
working on the novix implentation...

grtz
Seb
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Ill try my hardest to get something in! I just... gotta... get... something... ahh... some more pointless points, that will work well 8)
jb

Post by jb »

I sent you a preview copy of SonicXv10. It is not quite finished, but it is still pretty decent, and should help make the qb express #13 become a little bit bigger. There is a small possibility that gmail may have rejected the rar archive I sent you, as it contains an exe file. So, if you haven't got the email, let me know and I will send you a new copy using pak compression....
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Pete,

Do the articles for QB Express need to be authored by one of us members, or could we submit interesting articles authored by other people?
If you are ahead of me, lead.
If you are behind me, follow.
If you are not doing anything,
Get out of the way.