some c code

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

It's written in C and ASM. I have some manuals but they just go on the things it does, not how it was written and why that way.
I just dig up the most important things and see what I can translate over.

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Seb McClouth wrote:It's written in C and ASM. I have some manuals but they just go on the things it does, not how it was written and why that way.
I just dig up the most important things and see what I can translate over.

grtz
Suggestion: try to get a hold of the compiler which you think corresponds to the C code that you're translating. Then you can lift the code into a little test program in C, compile it, and see how it runs. Now that you know how the code works, you can then translate it into QB.

Regards..... Moneo
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

It uses the GCC compiler, but I need to run Linux to use it... I'm trying to get one for DOS, if I do, I'll sure give it a try...

thx
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Seb McClouth wrote:It uses the GCC compiler, but I need to run Linux to use it... I'm trying to get one for DOS, if I do, I'll sure give it a try...
thx
If your PC has the capacity, you might consider loading Linux into another partition. You seem to be doing a lot of Linux related stuff anyway.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Hi again Seb.

There's a dos port of GCC called djgpp. You can get that right here:
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

Hope it helps.
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

In reply to Moneo: Yes I'm doing a lot with Linux, currently I have to use Windows because my grpx-card isn't really functioning with Linux, so I'm stuck with Windows at the moment. I'm doing this all on my old computer, and ofcourse the laptop for the QBinux-thing.

Mystik: I'll see if I can copy it to my laptop and try it on that. Thx for the info!!

grtz