A 2d Game

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Yo_Momma
Coder

HA! You make me laugh.

Post by Yo_Momma »

Shut up. You act like you know everything, but you don't. Q-Basic rocks FreeBasic any day, any time, any place. You can't really think that FreeBasic is better. I know you're too smart for that. So why do you keep up the argument? You're just digging your grave even deeper before you bury yourself. So stfu nekrophidius for your own sake and the all of ours.

Oh and just so you know, you suck at life, don't show your face anywhere that you don't have to because it's disgusting.
C:/DOS
C:/DOS/RUN
RUN/DOS/RUN
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Re: HA! You make me laugh.

Post by Nodtveidt »

Yo_Momma wrote:Shut up. You act like you know everything, but you don't. Q-Basic rocks FreeBasic any day, any time, any place. You can't really think that FreeBasic is better. I know you're too smart for that. So why do you keep up the argument? You're just digging your grave even deeper before you bury yourself. So stfu nekrophidius for your own sake and the all of ours.

Oh and just so you know, you suck at life, don't show your face anywhere that you don't have to because it's disgusting.
Zamaster...even creating a new username and using some kind of flamebait attack doesn't change a thing...so grow up and get over yourself.

Oh, and I'm coding in freeBASIC right now...making a little RPG engine in 640x480 with 32bit graphics that will run on 98% of all Windows computers in current use. Gamepad support (including POV HAT-type controllers), OGG playback, 44.1KHz 16-bit stereo sound effects...these are things that are nowhere near easy to accomplish in QB.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

:lol:

Zan00b, gtfo my internet.
I have left this dump.
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

Just letting you know, nek, i'm not zamaster in cognito... It's probably another lame-brained excuse of yours for why you're loosing the argument so stfu.
RUN/DOS/RUN
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I'll have Pete confirm or deny that, Zamaster...oops excuse me, "Yo_Mamma". A simple IP check will tell us if you're the same or not. There is no argument here in the first place...and one who resorts to baseless insults has already lost a debate, so...that means if we really were debating here, you lost a long time ago. :D

If you really want to have an argument/debate, then please, feel free to present some solid points, rather than "I'm right and ur wrong, mmmkay!". I've yet to see you give any clear-cut examples of just how QBASIC is soooooooo much better than freeBASIC...oh wait, that's right...because there ARE NONE.

And if you'd like to make this personal, let's have a coding competition, eh? You and QBASIC versus me and freeBASIC. Put your money where your mouth is and let's see what you got. But if you ain't got the balls, which I'm pretty sure you don't, then just give it up and admit that you're no better than anyone else simply because you use QBASIC.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Nekrophidius wrote:I'll have Pete confirm or deny that, Zamaster...oops excuse me, "Yo_Mamma". A simple IP check will tell us if you're the same or not. There is no argument here in the first place...and one who resorts to baseless insults has already lost a debate, so...that means if we really were debating here, you lost a long time ago. :D

If you really want to have an argument/debate, then please, feel free to present some solid points, rather than "I'm right and ur wrong, mmmkay!". I've yet to see you give any clear-cut examples of just how QBASIC is soooooooo much better than freeBASIC...oh wait, that's right...because there ARE NONE.

And if you'd like to make this personal, let's have a coding competition, eh? You and QBASIC versus me and freeBASIC. Put your money where your mouth is and let's see what you got. But if you ain't got the balls, which I'm pretty sure you don't, then just give it up and admit that you're no better than anyone else simply because you use QBASIC.
That is just plain funny. It's (eat that, pete (jk)) kinda sad the the QB community is having flame wars like this all the time, but it never breaks us up. Really, some like linux, some like freebasic. Some like microsoft, some like microsoft, some like QBASIC. Some like men, some like whomen. Some like booth. Why can't we just stop our fighting.

Pros and cons:

Cons:
FB:
not oldschool
non-standard IDE

QB:
Low memory
Eats code (sometimes)
Low compatibility (DOS)
it ssslllooowww

Pros:

FB:
SVGA
Many unerversial libs
faster
multi-paltform

QB:
It just more fun (sometimes)
Its a classic
DOS can run on *most* computers
QB 1.1 is free
Has some great libs
Has a great history
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I'm not flaming the poor deluded soul, and the frying pan comment and others like it are always made in jest...hence the use of emoticons. :D But if he wants to make things personal with me, then he's gonna have to put up or shut up.
Yo_Momma
Coder

okeys, maybe i was a little harsh

Post by Yo_Momma »

Go ahead and check my ip, i'm not zamaster in dusguise, also, you can check the ims and e-mails. we're completely different. and the reason why i haven't really been putting in stuff, is because zamaster and everyone have already done that. there isn't exactly a whole ton more stuff to say about free and q basics. and i'm sorry if i was a little harsh about this whole thing. i know i blew it out of perportion, but still, in my superior opinion, q basic is better. there are reasons why everyone likes what they like, most often because they've been programming with it for a lot longer (thus it's more of an "aww, i can't give it up" kinda thing). so, in any case, both of us are right and wrong. it's just a matter of personal opinion, so how about we all stfu about which is better and put this forum back to what it's supposed to be about, 2d games.

dun deal
RUN/DOS/RUN
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

Also, you can check our writing styles. zamaster and i have a completely different way of writing the same thing (and also, knowing him, he would never say he was wrong or partially wrong in a million years). Another thing, if you really want to know, zamaster is a friend of mine who introduced me to q-basic which is why i am partial to it (and he got the c dos thing from me for all of those who were wondering). Again, as i said, it's all a matter of personal opinion, not a matter of this is better, end. And also, i'd like to say, for the good of the cause, that there is really a better way of doing programming. First, pick up VB ('cause it's easy), then go to Q or free basic for all of the intense old school programming. This way, you sorta test the water before you dive in head first (just a suggestion for all you nubs out there :P ).
RUN/DOS/RUN
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I guess you're not going to answer my challenge then...damn, I was looking forward to some "superior Qbasic". :( Oh well...
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

alright, alright
what kind of challenge?
RUN/DOS/RUN
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

erm, nevermind, i can't find my q-basic disk, the best i have is VB
sry if that ruins your party :cry:
RUN/DOS/RUN
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

AHHH WAIT I FOUND IT!!!
I FOUND MY Q-BASIC DISK
W00T W00T!
i'll try your challenge
RUN/DOS/RUN
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I was being sarcastic... ;)
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

SHOOT
Nevermind
i found the case, but it isn't there
:cry:
sry
RUN/DOS/RUN
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

You need a disk to challenge? A real programmer does it from the head...
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Yo_Momma
Coder

Post by Yo_Momma »

you don't get it, i had a floppy of q-basic and i never loaded it onto my comp, i've only used it elsewhere. i don't exactly know how to re-write a program for q-basic from scratch... i'm not that good....
RUN/DOS/RUN
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

I have a second computer (no, I'm not rich) which is installed as a complete DOS-pc... MSDOS 6.2 and PDS on it... if you want to program Basic in Windows XP I'd suggest FreeBasic...

Btw dude, just for the record... if you're new... you don't go namecalling on the regulars... that's kinda out...
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

It would be kind of interessting to see this though..

How about, a simple FPS cream program?

Make something that shows a bouncing, non-flickering ball/circle bounce around the screen. While printing the FPS

And ofcourse, show source..

Infact, Yo_Momma, you start, and then, we take your EXACT code (provided you dont go spaz and add incompatible crap) and compile it in FB, we will then compare the FPS on the same machine, (mine) running in:
DOS 6.2
And
Windows 2000

How's that? You up for it? or can you feel how owned you would be?
I have left this dump.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

What I really don't understand is why a lot of people insult FB and its users...gimme a break, it's not like most FB users go around saying "ZOMG U SUX0R CUZ U USE QBASIC LOL U SUX GET WITH TEH TYEMS MON LOL ROFL!!!!!!!1111111" or any bullshit like that...FB and QB are like brothers, FB being the bigger, stronger brother. I can see why some people could be intimidated by it at first...no IDE, a more strict syntax, and all that power would make any newcomer cower and stick to the safety of QB's pretty blue IDE...but eventually, when QB reaches its limits (which come quickly when you're experienced enough), FB will allow you to do all the things you simply couldn't do in QB. Now how can this be a bad thing?