Are the FB people gonna turn down this chance too?

The forum for all of your Freebasic needs!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

burger2227
Veteran

Are the FB people gonna turn down this chance too?

Post by burger2227 »

Pete made a place for the FB community and apparently nobody seems to care! All of my old enemies even left? No more fights about FB verses QB.

Priceless!

Now if only they had not banned half of the QB people at their own site. I'm German, but I can smell a Nazi far away........

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Imortis
Veteran

Post by Imortis »

I still come here. There is not much going on here, and if I have an FB question of my own I go to FB.net forums because of the higher FB Coder concentration.

As to the QB people being banned, I agree that this was uncalled for. People on both sides of the argument are wrong, if you ask me.

I see no problem with wanting to use QB, FB, QB46, or any other language. Use what you like. That is what matters.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

well "hopefully" this remains a mainly QB site since we're getting more rare everyday... :)

but then hopefully Petes FB section will grow also since thats what he
wants it for...

its only been up for a couple months now so i expect it will take some
time to attract some regular FB people, until its gets known petes
made the addition...
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Go away burger.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

I love you too Lachie!

LOL!

Ted
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

And the point of this thread is what?
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

Hi! :P
The Dr. is INsane!!!
Michael Calkins
Veteran

Post by Michael Calkins »

No more fights about FB verses QB.
Use what you like. That is what matters.
Yes.

I like the direction the -lang qb dialect in FB is going in currently. This last version fixed at least one incompatibility that had stood out earlier (the extra space after PRINTing numbers).

It seems clear that both QB64 and FB's qb dialect will continue to improve. I am guessing that if there has been a calming of the FB/QB debate, it is probably tied quite a bit to QB64 and -lang qb improvement. QB64 has drawn the attention of QB people away from FB and to something that will most likely fill their needs better. QB64 is becoming what many would have liked FB to have been. I believe this means they are less interested in criticizing FB, because FB is no longer the only modern compiler claiming to fill their needs. I believe that the pessimism of the past has been replaced by optimism (or apathy...). I personally, as I mentioned, have gained optimism about both projects.

But then, I personally have very little need for either... I occasionally use FB to compile very small, but loop-intensive, programs, just for speed's sake. I currently have no practical use for QB64, but I am watching its forum closely.

Regards,
Michael
P.S. My guesses about the FB-QB debate are just guesses, and might be wrong.
Bring on the Maulotaurs! oops...
I like to slay Disciples of D'Sparil...
burger2227
Veteran

The point is............

Post by burger2227 »

Hey, I just wanted to see if there were any FB people stopping by. I noticed a lack of activity here. NOT ALL of us are allowed at FB.NET you know! They are digging their own hole there!

As for QB64, I would not call it ready to take on FB just yet. Besides Michael, we don't wanna start another war here do we?

Ted
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

I simply haven't been coming by as much. Though I do come here more often than to the FB site.

What's this about people being banned?
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

Hey, guys. I think the consensus is now one of empathy. At least that's what it's starting to sound like on fb.net. Here's my opinion... Most of the people would rather see the bickering/bitching/insulting/bashing stop, so why don't we ignore those that don't and get along? If there are any hateful comments, they should simply be ignored. I know I'm guilty of my fair share too, btw. :?

Also, a ton of FB users were QB users at one time. They are still similar in many ways, so it's not beyond reality for FB/QB users to help each other out!
The Dr. is INsane!!!
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

I have a feeling that I missed something big. :|
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .