Direct QB Lib stuff

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Cold Logic

Direct QB Lib stuff

Post by Cold Logic »

Ok I don't really have a clue, I tried out the cosmox library or whatever it was and I got it to work, anyway I wanted to try out directqb

It comes with some management program "dqman" and it says in the manual to run it, when I do that in qb it come up with this call statement saying "subprogram not defined" anyone used this thing before?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Yes. Open up notepad and copy + paste this.

Code: Select all

@echo off
qb.exe -l
And save that as a .bat file in your QBASIC directory. Double click it, open DQBman, and run it. Also, to start DQB you will have to this in a .bat file.

@echo off
qb.exe -l dqb
Again, in your QBASIC directory. DQB has to be in there too! You also after to make the first line of your program this.

'$INCLUDE:'dqb.bi'
And you should be able to use the DQB routines as you please.
Cold Logic

Post by Cold Logic »

that seems really simple, yet when I run dqman it comes up with the same error. I'm tottally sure I did this right heh, cuz i copied pasted and ran it, loaded the dqman and ran it.

I guess I should ask if you recomend it? is it worth the trouble?
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

That should be "QB /L" and "QB /L DQB.QLB".
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

It might, but it might not, since dqbman builds dqb.qlb... if that doesn't work, make sure you are using QB version 4.5 and maybe thinking about re-downloading it.
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

IIRC the directQB builder was very picky about those long folder names Windows shortens like myfold~1.
Be sure the folder where you are building DQB and the path to QB do not have any ~ sign on them when used from DOS.
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

No, you need to start QB with /L when running DQBMan. It requires InterruptX in QB.QLB/LIB. QB doesn't accept unix-style switches, so if you run QB -L it just thinks you want to open a file named "-L.BAS".
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Thanks! I have been using too much linux lately...