Direct QB Lib stuff

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
Cold Logic

Direct QB Lib stuff

Post by Cold Logic »

Ok I don't really have a clue, I tried out the cosmox library or whatever it was and I got it to work, anyway I wanted to try out directqb

It comes with some management program "dqman" and it says in the manual to run it, when I do that in qb it come up with this call statement saying "subprogram not defined" anyone used this thing before?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Yes. Open up notepad and copy + paste this.

Code: Select all

@echo off
qb.exe -l
And save that as a .bat file in your QBASIC directory. Double click it, open DQBman, and run it. Also, to start DQB you will have to this in a .bat file.

@echo off
qb.exe -l dqb
Again, in your QBASIC directory. DQB has to be in there too! You also after to make the first line of your program this.

'$INCLUDE:'dqb.bi'
And you should be able to use the DQB routines as you please.
Cold Logic

Post by Cold Logic »

that seems really simple, yet when I run dqman it comes up with the same error. I'm tottally sure I did this right heh, cuz i copied pasted and ran it, loaded the dqman and ran it.

I guess I should ask if you recomend it? is it worth the trouble?
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

That should be "QB /L" and "QB /L DQB.QLB".
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

It might, but it might not, since dqbman builds dqb.qlb... if that doesn't work, make sure you are using QB version 4.5 and maybe thinking about re-downloading it.
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

IIRC the directQB builder was very picky about those long folder names Windows shortens like myfold~1.
Be sure the folder where you are building DQB and the path to QB do not have any ~ sign on them when used from DOS.
Plasma
Coder

Post by Plasma »

No, you need to start QB with /L when running DQBMan. It requires InterruptX in QB.QLB/LIB. QB doesn't accept unix-style switches, so if you run QB -L it just thinks you want to open a file named "-L.BAS".
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Thanks! I have been using too much linux lately...