basic vs qbasic

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

paperbag

basic vs qbasic

Post by paperbag »

what one is mroe easy to program games
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Depens wich Basic you mean on topic "Basic vs QBasic" :wink:

Easy BASIC's, mented for pure game programming are like CoolBASIC and DarkBASIC.
QBASIC is, as FreeBASIC too easy for programming,
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

By BASIC do you mean all the Basic versions which came before Microsoft Quickbasic and QBasic? These old Basic versions are practically dead now since they're more than 20 years old.

QuickBasic and Qbasic, collectively known as QB, are very similar to each other, mostly differing in the development environment.

There is no $$$ between QB and the old Basic's. QB added many enhancements and capabilites to the original Basic language.

So, to answer your question, QB, and specifically QBasic 4.5, would be your best bet for game development.

Actually, QB is now obsolete since Microsoft stopped supporting it at least 10 years ago. Mostly what keeps it alive are game programmers. Other than assembly language, there are few languages better suited to game development than QB.

Go to it!

roland alexander

Post by roland alexander »

Please help.
Where can I down load qbasic for my now 8th grader to learn programming. How do I set up the environment for her.
Thank you
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Im sensing that scools have started.
I have left this dump.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

You can set up the environment for her by teaching her how to double click qb.exe and then pressing F5 to run her code. To download QB, go to qbnz.com, software section, and download qb version 4.5 and unzip it.
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Nathan1993 wrote:You can set up the environment for her by teaching her how to double click qb.exe and then pressing F5 to run her code. To download QB, go to qbnz.com, software section, and download qb version 4.5 and unzip it.
Nathan, You're so kind. This guy is gonna be eternally grateful.

roland alexander

Post by roland alexander »

Nathan Thank you very much. We are up and running and her first program is also. And yes we are eternally grateful :D