Need someone's oppinion...

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

seaBiscuit$
Coder

Need someone's oppinion...

Post by seaBiscuit$ »

I'm writing a text-adventure style game that generates the map at random each time it's played. Right now, I just have an array of rooms that I connect with random hallways. The problem is that even if you went around in a square, (south, east, north, then west) you could end up in a different room than where you started. I could put the rooms in a two-dimensional array to keep that from happening, but the whole game is about getting stuck in a maze-like castle, anyway. So I want to know what people think about this: will it add challenge to it, or will it be too hard to play?
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

It sound great!
Just as long as the rooms look different in ways other than size...
seaBiscuit$
Coder

Post by seaBiscuit$ »

The description text for all the hallways is the same, if that's what you meant.

:lol: Billy "Commander Keen" Blaze does NOT live in Middle Earth... There aren't many Vorticons there.
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Youre in right way there ;)
seaBiscuit$
Coder

Post by seaBiscuit$ »

I think I'll just leave it the way it is and use the two dimensional array in the sequel.