The FreeBasic Report website release.

The forum for all of your Freebasic needs!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

syn9
Coder

The FreeBasic Report website release.

Post by syn9 »

for all the FB fans in the house, there is a new freebasic related news website/zine online at:
http://report.freebasic.info/

for information about the site, please visit:
http://report.freebasic.info/keep_us_alive.php

please come check us out. we hope to see your contributions in the near future.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Site seems to have some login issues...when on the Profile page, I clicked "Downloads" and it tells me "Please Log In to edit your profile.".

In fact...every part of it seems to work that way.
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

k

you go to the site, currently logged out... at the top, next to the drop down it shoudl say "log in / register". click on my profile, it should show the login form and say you must log in to edit your profile.

you enter your login info, click login, it should take you back to the my profile page...at the top of the page, when you're in the my profile area, it says

Log Out 'Nodtveidt'

correct?

then, when you click on articles/downloads etc it says 'please log in to edit your profile'?

did i get that right?
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

i think i fixed the problem. my session variables wernt registering, and i wasnt transfering the sessionid when i was using javascript for redirecting. does it work for you now?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Now it doesn't let me log in at all...just goes back to the login page. However, it does shove the username into the registration field...

And yeah, you got that right. :)
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

do you have cookies disabled for the site?

if so when it goes back to the front page, does it have the php session id in the address bar?

if so, when you change pages, is the sessionid still in the address bar?
thanks
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

The Login link from the front page contained a sessionid in the URL. It went to login.php just fine, but still didn't allow me to login. When I went back to the main page by manually entering the URL, the sessionid disappeared from the link to login.php, and no sessionid appeared in the address bar after attempting to log in. Cookies are enabled.

EDIT: Now, instead of just going back to the login page, it returns me to the main page, un-logged-in. The sessionid is appearing in the address bar though.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Tried it from Eclipzer's link (using the www.) and still no luck. Tried using IE as well, same result. Still get the sessionid in the URL though.

EDIT: Clicking on "Log In/Register" now tells me that the password is invalid...even if I haven't even entered one yet.

EDIT2: Cleared cookies in IE and attempted to log in, it seems to have worked. Will let you know if anything else "breaks".

EDIT3: Worked in Firefox also. Looks like you had a cookie problem before but it's fixed now. Good deal. :D
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

outstanding, im glad it works, but im not sure which part of my bug fixes fixed it, heh. thanks for posting about two lords also.

could you give me a link to the page your saw the broken link on please? thank you. and thanks for the bug reports!
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Everything seems to work fine now...what broken link are you referring to?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

It stopped working again. I went to enter my username and pass but entered the wrong pass. Obviously, it told me that the pass was wrong, so I put in the correct pass. It went back to the main page without logging me in. So, I went back to the login page and cleared the cookies again, then attempted a login, making sure I had the right password. No luck. Something seems to still be wrong with your cookie implementation.

EDIT: I think I know what it'd be then...are you clearing the cookie on a failed password? If not, then that could be the problem.

EDIT2: Just went to the site again today (tis Jan 12th at 9:11PM AST) and noticed I wasn't logged in. Entered username and password correctly, it didn't log me in. Login page says "incorrect password" when I click on the "Log In" link from the main page, despite not only having entered my password correct THIS time but LAST time as well..
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

thanks for the bug reports. im going to rebuild it tomorrow(mon)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Okay, excellent. :D It's a great idea and hopefully it attracts a lot of FB developers.
Dav
Coder

Post by Dav »

This report site is a cool idea.

I happily registered. No problems logging in here.

Site looks good. But the main top links bar (in grey) are a little hard to see, under IE5 @ 800x600 with my crappy monitor.
syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

thanks dav. i apologize for the delay in fixing the bug nek, i'll drop you a message after i get some time to fix it.