Two Lords pre-beta coming soon

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Nodtveidt
Veteran

Two Lords pre-beta coming soon

Post by Nodtveidt »

The Two Lords alpha release turned out to be quite a success, so I figured I'd do a pre-beta release as well since everyone liked it so much. The pre-beta release will have 13 playable levels, and game save/load will finally work. Tons of bugs were fixed from the alpha, and many new features have been added. I have three levels left to do basic design for, then all the levels will get much-needed touchups and enhancements (some are a little "bare" right now). Plus, new items are being added to give the game a bit more variety.

One of the new features is the "boss bar", a lifebar that shows when engaged in a boss battle. Screenshot:

The black area at the bottom of the screen is going to be filled in with a new interface that will hold all of the selectable items you can use in the game.

Well, as my wife and I are in the middle of moving to our new house, my time for working on this is somewhat limited. But hopefully I'll be able to get this build out by February, or March at the latest. I hope to have the game in beta by summer.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

look'n better all the time man....

thanks for working hard on it we know it takes time
to make cool programs like this as there havent
been that many 3D look'n games anymore for qb..
nkk_kan
Veteran

Post by nkk_kan »

Awesome Job nek!
That hand and heart oozes realism! :shock:
Nice and hard work.
Dav
Coder

Post by Dav »

Looks great, Nek! I'll be watching out for the release. Good luck with the house moving - I went through that recently - know how time consuming it is. Your wife? I didn't know you guys were hitched. Here's late Congratz to you both. :D
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

A quick update:

Episode II is now fully playable, which means the release will be ready soon. There's still some details to be filled in and a few bugs left to squash but the game is fully playable up till the end of the second episode. Tomorrow I will be hammering away at the code and graphics, getting as much done as humanly possible. Looks like an end-of-month pre-beta release will happen after all.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

New update which I also posted on QBN...

The missing interface bar has been added but is unfinished at the moment. The new special items have been added into the sprite data but aren't yet usable in the game itself. Game save/load has been implemented but works differently than most FPS games...it uses save points. You can only save when you complete a level. This raises the difficulty level and prevents save-whoring. My next goals for this are to complete the special items interface and flesh out the rest of Episode II so I can get that pre-beta out as promised.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Another sleepless night brings another update. The special items interface is now mostly functional, so here's a screenshot:

The icons from left to right:
Potion (health + 10)
Medic (health + 25)
Power Boost (atk/dfc UP)
Sunburst (piercing fireball attack)
Incinerator (incinerates local area)

There are still 4 slots left to fill with items, but I haven't thought of any good ones yet. Any ideas?