If you hate QB GUIs look away.

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Brandon
Coder

If you hate QB GUIs look away.

Post by Brandon »

If you have used Fun500 GUI 3.0 I was wondering what you think it needs.
Mac
Veteran

Re: If you hate QB GUIs look away.

Post by Mac »

Brandon wrote:If you hate QB GUIs look away
Uh, right, but what's a "QB GUI"?

And where would one find Fun500 GUI 3.0

Mac
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Re: If you hate QB GUIs look away.

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

Mac wrote:
Brandon wrote:If you hate QB GUIs look away
Uh, right, but what's a "QB GUI"?

And where would one find Fun500 GUI 3.0

Mac
/me slaps Mac with a giant trout!

Oops, wait. Wrong protocol.
Brandon
Coder

Post by Brandon »

A QB GUI is a GUI made in QB. A GUI is a Graphical User Interface. Fun500 GUI 3.0 is my GUI(actually made in FB) and can be found at http://fun500.brandoncornell.com
Mac
Veteran

Couldn't find it

Post by Mac »

Brandon wrote:A QB GUI is a GUI made in QB. A GUI is a Graphical User Interface. Fun500 GUI 3.0 is my GUI(actually made in FB) and can be found at http://fun500.brandoncornell.com
Well, I went to that site, but couldn't see exactly what to download to get a "GUI". I'm still not sure what one is. Windows is a graphical user interface. Who needs a different one. I remember old days of non-mouse scroll-mode DOS without windows. People would write programs so you didn't have to give commands like CD, DIR, etc. Is anyone today still wasting time on such stuff? We already have Windows which does that.

But anyway, I wanted to try it out and am looking for QBGUI.BAS or some similar program I can download and try with QBasic (as this is a QBasic forum) and see how it works. I would certainly not be interested in an EXE (nor would anyone else in their right mind).

So is there a link to QBGUI.BAS at your site that I overlooked?

Thanks,

Mac
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

Hi, Mac:
Fun500 was certainly made in QB4.5, so it will not work in QBasic.

The last known QB-GUI demo that worked in QBasic was Windoze, done ten years ago:
http://www.qbasicnews.com/abc/showsnipp ... nippet=430

It's a Postit zipped file. To run it cut and paste the code to notepad , save as zipped.bas, run it in QB, and will make you a zip file where you will find windoze.bas.
Mac
Veteran

Got it

Post by Mac »

Antoni wrote:Hi, Mac:
Fun500 was certainly made in QB4.5, so it will not work in QBasic.
Thanks, Antoni.

FYI, whenever I say QBasic, I include QuickBasic. I consider them the same thing, although I know all the long history. I will run programs in QB4.5 if necessary, although I prefer QB1.0.

So if the program is QB4.5 or even 7, fine. That is QBasic to me.

Sorry for my bad vocabulary. I really hate to type QBasic/QuickBasic. I just use QB to mean either or both.

Mac
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Just use QB for QuickBasic and QBasic for...well, QBasic. Anyone worth their salt knows the difference between the interpreter and the compiler. Making QBasic equal to QuickBasic is almost insulting...QBasic is a toy next to it.
Brandon
Coder

Post by Brandon »

Well
Is anyone today still wasting time on such stuff?
Yep. Is anyone wasting there time on DOS Games?
We already have Windows which does that.
Some people don't like Windows :P

Its actually made in FB and my code itsn't very clean because Its not intended for other people to see.

Windoze don't compile! QB Object Rebuild is for QB4.5 and not bad but a little buggy and big.

Would anyone use a GUI Lib, and if so, in QB or FB? and if in QB should I use QB future?