my old qb45 games

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

NaTeDoGG

my old qb45 games

Post by NaTeDoGG »

I recently dug out all my old QB45 games and used DOSBox to get them to run on Windows XP. Here is a zip containing the 8 programs I was so proud of so long ago...

http://n4te.com/dev/games/natesGames.zip

It has been about 12 years since I touched QBasic! Let me tell you, it is wierd. :) My old code is crap, I know, but I learned a lot. Here is what is included...

super.bat
super-options.bat
This is my crowning acheivement. It is a 3D stick fighting game. It uses an ASM keyboard hook and the SVGAQB graphics library. It took me years to develop. I ran into out of memory errors adding the fireball/chi moves. I ended up making the computer AI simpler to fit that in and I didn't work on it much after that.

ndsbh2.bat
Silly bike game where you try to do flips.

ogf30.bat
Strange text based rpg fighting sorta game. I think it is a little too hard, but if you can manage to get a mage to a high level, there are many spells and such. I like how my text based interface turned out.

pong.bat
One of my early games. Pong with lifebars and fireballs. :)

puzfi.bat
A Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo clone. It is a puzzle game where rectangles of same-color bricks turn into larger bricks. Blowing them up dumps bricks on the other player. Too bad it is 2 player only.

ship.bat
The first real game I ever made. Simple chase the bad guys and shoot 'em up. Starts out easy, but gets difficult at the end (lots of enemies start teleporting in!).

title.bat
This was going to be the title screen for my 3D fighting game, but I never got around to finishing it.

The source is there for most of the programs, along with readme files. I suggest reading the readme for the 3D fighting game so you know how to do some moves. The computer doesn't perform all the moves, so to see them you'll have to perform them yourself.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I'll check the games out.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
Raspberrypicker
Veteran

Post by Raspberrypicker »

wow that 3-D stick game is amazing!

but i lose every time :S
Fruit Pickin'
NaTeDoGG

Post by NaTeDoGG »

Haha, thanks Raspberrypicker! :) If it is too fast, open dosbox\dosbox.conf and set "cycles=40000" to a lower number. The computer isn't too smart, he just closes the difference and attacks with simple combos. He doesn't even do all the moves. Read the programs\super\readme.txt file to learn the moves and combos, then the computer should be easy to beat. :)