Linux QBasic

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
Austin
Coder

Linux QBasic

Post by Austin »

Sorry I have not been around, school has been really been weighing me down. I recently switched my Operating System to Ubuntu Gusty T5 (Linux). I had to completely wipe out Windows OS because of Virus problems. I'm liking the change mostly.

Question: Where can I find a download of a QBasic Programming Application that is compatible with Linux?

Regards,
Austin
Quicky
Coder

Post by Quicky »

im pretty sure that to get qbasic you will need a DOSBOX
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You could also try using wine, but dosbox should work fine. I have Ubuntu 7.04 feisty fawn dual booted with windows, dosbox seems to work fine. It should be in your package manager, just do a search. Heres the dosbox site anyway http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

I recommend you to use DosBox instead of wine. Just type sudo apt-get install dosbox and youre ready to go. Read manuals tho ;)
k7
Coder

Post by k7 »

Austin, would you consider other BASIC dialects? How's your comp entry coming along? :D
Mac
Veteran

QBasic on Linux

Post by Mac »

You might try this forum:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/554399/
Austin
Coder

Post by Austin »

Sorry again. I have decided to go back to XP even though I hate it, everything is compatible with it and I'm not going to even try out the vista lol, I'll wait a year or so for that. Anyways, I'm going to start a sprite game with a story line.

-Austin

P.S. Sorry k7 that I didn't do your comp, been trying to sort out my computer for ages..