64 bit QBASIC

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

I remember when Galleon started this project and I'm not rude too him as I say that that it doesn't look very spectacular at the moment. But I'll wait a year or two before bashing or praising it, right now it's too early to to do either.
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

BadMrBox wrote:wait a year or two before bashing or praising it, right now it's too early to to do either.
Amen. Tho i dont believe in jesus.
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

What I love about Galleon's project is it's a really good excuse to dis each other!
I am pissing off a lot of FB users, so keep up the good work!
by Clippy

I have been to Pete's site and bragged about your project! You get this QB thing finished and then you can really go to town. You can add anything you want after that and FB will be dead if you push it! A lot of them are getting fed up with having to rewrite their code for the latest version!

Go! The key is to keep new stuff named differently and you got them big time!

Ted
You know a project is sucessful when people are getting PO'd about it... :D
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Galleon himself wasn't immune to the virus either; he said quite a few ridiculous things in times past. But it appears he's been rather civil lately...and with good reason too, because screwing up his own reputation now is not what he needs. Unfortunately for him, people like burger/clippy are screwing up his reputation for him. Any normal person would look at him like a complete and utter lunatic.
BadMrBox wrote:But I'll wait a year or two before bashing or praising it, right now it's too early to to do either.
It's too early to do either, but some have already done the latter, so I figured I'd do a little of the former. It's only fair, isn't it? :lol:
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

I think best thing is to give coding peace for Galleon. In time we see what happens. I wish best for QB64 but if it becomes as failure, it wont kill me or anyone else.
I am asshole myself too, but to be honest, known post by Clippy (quoted few posts above) is something that does only make harms for Galleon and hes project.
Maybe peoples should calm down like a hour before posting anything in anywhere?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

That's a very good idea, lurah. Besides, I'm willing to "lay down my weapons" as long as the "opposing side" is willing to lay down theirs. The last thing Galleon needs right now is people destroying his reputation. But there is one person in particular that you might want to get this point across to, and I don't even think I need to say who that is. :D
Codemss
Veteran

Post by Codemss »

I have to say that I really, really like it. It is easy to use and seems to cover a lot of qb syntax already. The compiled exe is fast.

Give it like about a year, and it will be really cool, I think. Maybe it would be better for Galleon's reputation if he released a demo when the project was in a further stage of development. Think of the attention that he would get if there would be no FB yet...
Check out my site: <a href="http://members.lycos.nl/rubynl">Click here</a>
Hope you like it. Send some feedback if you want: <a href="mailto:basicallybest@live.nl">Mail me</a>
Codemss, before known as RubyNL
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Codemss wrote:Maybe it would be better for Galleon's reputation if he released a demo when the project was in a further stage of development. Think of the attention that he would get if there would be no FB yet...
Depends how you see it. By releasing demos anytime when somethin gnew has added or older changed he all the time gets feedback about possible bugs.
From a eye of user, it might feel bit useless but in eyes of developer, it is way to do a good work ;)
Nodtveidt wrote: But there is one person in particular that you might want to get this point across to, and I don't even think I need to say who that is. Very Happy
Actually i dont lol. Havent sleeped nearly at all and done like over 12hours work days so i guess i have permission to be bit "out" lol.
burger2227
Veteran

DEMO 5 is already out

Post by burger2227 »

If you read the full thread, then you would understand my comments about FB. Personally, I do not like any programming language that is not fully backward compatable. That is the main problem with FB! It may start to be a big problem with VB too. M$ wants to make you pay for the privelidge!

Nodvelt the genius, still only has the old FB version because of that! He is usually posting idiotic remarks here, so what can I say about his real expertise? He did have some nice looking stuff at one time. He has posted code that somebody else wrote too so he is not a total waste.

I actually feel that Galleon's effort is great for FB and QB. FB just finally made text mode code compatable to QB. He also is doing the project all by himself for the most part! We answer some of his ideas if he asks too. First and foremost is to allow 64 users to use SCREENS above 0 in monsters like VISTA.

After QB64 is done he can still add stuff that FB can already do and make it better for advanced users. He is not planning on a FB clone! I would probably actually use FB if I did not have to continually update my old code! After all, FB started out as a better way to do QB until it decided to forget QB. If Galleon does that, I will be the first person to bitch!

Ted

Why are we HYPING QB64 up? It is the first upgrade to QB since the original FB! M$ dumped it and amazingly, QB still runs well on my XP. But VISTA is the DOS revenge because Billy G never thought that anybody would ever need over 640K. As usual M$ decided to bury the mistake and cover it over with another big problem child OS!
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

You just can't make a post without insulting someone.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

If you read this thread, I only posted that the OP could use DOSBOX and that QB64 is being made. I came back a few days later to find all of this BS by that retard Nodtvelt.

He is an insult to everybody's intellegence so why should I not knock his idiotic statements. EK tried to reason with him, but the moron is just not smart enough to take anybody's advice!

Smile Lach! Come to think of it, where are all of YOUR great coding help examples? Mr B and you should hook up and become a dark comedy routine!

Ted
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:You just can't make a post without insulting someone.
Nope, he can't.
burger2227
Veteran

I could, but then you folks would lose interest

Post by burger2227 »

Ok kids, lets get back to the basics here. I have been elected King of the Flamers here. Nod is Queen and EK is the "Royal pain in the Arse" LOL.

FACTS:
1) The Network 54 QB Forum is the busiest QB Forum on the web for questions and FAQs.
2) We may disagree about coding, but we NEVER fight about QB itself
3) FB people are welcomed, but some tend to start arguments

You want to argue? I am ready for you! Want to discuss, I can do that too. If I have established anything here, it is the fact that you cannot write valid DOS Basic Code and simply IGNORE Qbasic!

I have never spoken for anybody but myself here! Galleon's reputation will speak for itself when QB64 is completed. After that, the sky is the limit and workable solutions for additions may be accomplished.

The FB arguments always end up going down the same old road --compatability with QB! When QB64 is done for QB, then please come and suggest any additions you think would make it better.

I am a member of the FB forum and have been looking at some of it's advantages. Presently I am making a wish list for QB64 when it is finally ready for new ideas. That may be quite a while from now, but so far Galleon has done it all on his own. A team would be faster, but I think a team would end up going in different directions. Anybody who wants to make an IDE for it is welcome to help.

Ted