Haven't used qb in awhile, quick question

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Nodtveidt
Veteran

Re: FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Nodtveidt »

burger2227 wrote:For once he was helpful to you, but his constant bashing of QB and FB is intolerable to many.
Back up your words, bigshot. Show me these "many". Give some names and references, quotes if you've got them (which you don't but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt anyways).
DaveUnit
Veteran

Post by DaveUnit »

@burger: My question needed no code and needed no more explanation that I gave. really. Keep flaming if you want, I won't reply anymore.

The FB community is much more helpful and FB is just a hell of a lot better than your archaic language.
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

This post cofirms my earlier suspicion that you were just a troll.
Yes stick to FB and see what good that is going to be with your QB lessons, if you are taking a computer course in QB, which I doubt.
PS
For your information apart from OOP you also mentioned classes in your post at FB.net, which is closely linked to UDT, as Mentat seems to have pointed out.
Last edited by roy on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Knowing FB does help. I'm taking a QB course now (Well, not today, but Tuesdays and Thursdays). But I can only use what we have gone over in the book, which can be kind of painful when I can solve the problem faster with a loop. But what we do go over is still review for me. And thanks to FreeBASIC, I'm working with a variant BASIC dialect.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Well roy, he IS technically right. QB is archaic (not obsolete though, just archaic...obsolete would be GW-BASIC), FB is technically a better language and compiler, and the FB community is quite a bit more helpful than this one.
burger2227
Veteran

NOD is a troll dammit

Post by burger2227 »

Nod Quote: "Support coder complacency and make a QB clone"

He is a scumbag that is trashing QB64 while loafing in a supposed QB compatable FB site. He is a useless TROLL!

I think the kid lost his crayons. Check Nod's answers that supply anything that looks like he codes anymore............

I'm surprised he figured out what UDT meant. Attaboy Nod. Ah, memories of when you actually coded something..................

Clippy

Mention FB and a fight just breaks out on it's own! Nod still uses the oldest FB version that works with QB. IRONIC ain't it?
Last edited by burger2227 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

burger, I'm still waiting for this list of people who supposedly feel my "continual bashing of QB and FB is intolerable". Since you've thus far been unable to produce this list, I'm to assume that everything out of your mouth is complete and utter BULLSHIT.
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

burger2227 wrote that Nodtveidt wrote:Support coder complacency and make a QB clone
It is still possible to make original QB games my friend. That being said, I've been making a pac-man clone :oops: .
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

okay boys and girls lets play nice.....none of this was neccesary
stick to the topic....if you have a solution to a question post it
if you don't then move on...

since this is the QB section you answer it with QB solutions
if your in the FB section answer it with FB solutions...i don't
think its takes a degree in rocket science to figure that out.

if you have rude comments about QB/FB they are not needed
here keep it to yourself...

you want to promote FB go to the FB section
you want to promote QB go to the QB section...

wally