Problem with QuickBasic 7.1

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
TmEE
Veteran

Post by TmEE »

This problem is XP issue. You can probably get it working if you use only English keyboard settings.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

there is a simpler way... if you use an english version of XP but another keyboard layout... use

Code: Select all

chcp (code)
in

Code: Select all

CMD
  • 437 = UK/US
    850 = Multilangual (Latin)
If you need more, let me know.
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

No, not entirely. Our friend uses a Croatian-keyboard layout and a English version of Windows XP. Therefore, for some odd reason, his DOS-environment uses the codepage 437 as a standard, which gives him a US keyboard layout. When changing this to 850, his problem is solved, because DOS (CMD if you prefere) then recognizes the keyboard layout.

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Bet he don't come back. He posted at Network 54 too.

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

He started to program with Basic again so he might, or he might not. Atleast his problem is solved and he was happy with it...
ReiKo.cry
Coder

Post by ReiKo.cry »

Ofcourse I will be back... if it didn't work I woud be back anyway.
Big thanks to McClouth, we did solve this problem in no-time, in fact it was very weird but so simple to fix.
And registry editing solve it permenetly.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Just for the record:
Due to solving this problem, I got my UK-based laptop stuck to pagetable 850... that's nice when you get faces and stuff in your program...

lol