WOW...

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

qbSucks

WOW...

Post by qbSucks »

I honestly cant believe people use Qbasic...It is a terrible language. You people really need to invest your time in a real language. I can understand freebasic(while still it isnt great) but qbasic has nothing good to offer, its DEAD. It is such a piece of shit language and doesnt support good programing features such as OOP. Heres a tip to any ppl thinking of starting programing, dont use shitty ass Qbasic. QB is a waste of your time. If you are serious about programing learn a good language like JAVA, C++, C#, or Visual Basic. They are way faster and not nearly as limited as QBasic. Also, they are classes offered at almost all colleges, they fun to use, much more powerful, you can create way sweeter programs, and if you want to be a programmer(a real programmer) and do it for a living these will be the languages you will come across. All i got to say is QBasic sucks and should just be deleted from everyone computers.
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

Do you seriously think that the people here use QuickBASIC because they don't know that it's old, outdated, doesn't have OOP, and isn't used in college classes? Do you seriously think that the people here who use QuickBASIC don't use other languages too? Programming with QuickBASIC is fun--that is why I use it.
T'lon Nanaki
Coder

Post by T'lon Nanaki »

I think this guy here should be banned, removed, or whatever.
it looks to me that he has no idea of what this site is all about and signed up just to talk shit!
qbSucks

Post by qbSucks »

HAHA...There is no need to talk shit, everything that sucks about quickbasic(even though there is nothing quick about it) is sooooo clear. How can you have fun with such a very limited language. Of course all languages have their limits but those of the C++ and Javas of the world exceed QB by a huge amount. You can create way sweeter games with such better graphics. Qbasic fun, haha maybe back in the day. Are you trying to live in the 80s. Its like watching tv on an old tv in black in white when you could watch tv on a 60 inch flat screen with HD. Sounds like a blast. Why not use the good languages instead of some retro piece of shit? Well you guys choose QB and with QBasic you get sloppy syntax idk how you can enjoy writing in that. You also get to enjoy weak features, a slow slow programming language, a lack of power, and not even a strong complier.
Quicky
Coder

Post by Quicky »

Well i definally agree Qbasic is not powerful and is slow. Its true, it is dead and basically useless except as a starting language but I would have rather started with C. I used Qbasic as a starting language and then realized the limitations of QB fast. Once i moved on to C++, I realized then why infact Qbasic has no use. I would advise using C++, it powerful and a lot of fun :P
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

OOP sucks.
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Nodtveidt wrote:OOP sucks.
Oi, take that back. :evil: Image

I don't know about anybody else, but QB is a helluvalot easier to learn than Java/C++/anything-with-.net . That, and the graphics are ready to go, and are dead easy to use.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
T'lon Nanaki
Coder

Post by T'lon Nanaki »

Hey mentat, I couldn't even put that in a better way and I agree

So F'n what if it's a dead language it's easy to get results visually and you don't need to write 20+ lines of code to do so

I just get so flustered to see that some one wants to attack something so negitivly just cause they (from what I can observe) have knowlage in more powerfull languages.

I use FB but began learning QB back in the mid-late 90's and was/is(in my opinion) a great tool for getting started, I've tried to learn c++ several times and for the most part gave up cause I needed to write X number lines to print values to the screen where QB is as simple as typing PRINT ect,ect,ect. or LINE ect,ect,ect. verses having to write many lines of coding just to display a white line across the screen or to display a simple sentence.
TmEE
Veteran

Post by TmEE »

Nodtveidt wrote:OOP sucks.
I have to agree with that statement. Being an assembly programmer, I can't understand how OOP code can be fast and efficient... in assembly you don't have OOP, and assembly is as close as it gets to the language CPU talks when you don't want to deal with opcodes in hex editor... ProcedureOrientatedProgramming FTW :)

QB is one of the best languages ever, easy and quite powerful. I love QB like I love assembly...
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
qbSucks

Post by qbSucks »

Powerful? what is so powerful about Qbasic, nothing at all. Name one thing that sets apart from anyother language besides the fact is sucks. You people say its so easy to learn but the syntax is so shitty it makes is more complex to understand than it needs to be.
qbSucks

Post by qbSucks »

Oh P.S, Nodtveidt, OOP sucks? ??? do you even know what programing is. Anyone can tell OOP is a great feature
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

Not everyone agrees that OOP is the be all and end all but regardless of this QBasic, Freebasic and Qb64 are just trying to keep alive a language that gave a lot of people pleasure. Some enthusiasts keep steam railways alive,do you hate them in the same way that you hate us. If you have got such a problem with this language then piss off and annoy someone else.
BDZ
Coder

Post by BDZ »

roy wrote:Not everyone agrees that OOP is the be all and end all but regardless of this QBasic, Freebasic and Qb64 are just trying to keep alive a language that gave a lot of people pleasure. Some enthusiasts keep steam railways alive,do you hate them in the same way that you hate us. If you have got such a problem with this language then piss off and annoy someone else.
AMEN! You hit the nail right on the head!

postcount++;
Quicky
Coder

Post by Quicky »

I think freebasic should just adopted by those who use Qbasic. Freebasic is not that bad of a language. Qbasic is just really limited and out dated. Freebasic updates are moving more and more away from Qbasic, giving it promise.
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

This is the kind of post that caused flame wars in the past, please do not go there. Freebasic , Qbasic and QB64 should be regarded as brothers and people like Counting_pine and MystikShadows have done a lot to unite the community.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

qbSucks wrote:Oh P.S, Nodtveidt, OOP sucks? ??? do you even know what programing is. Anyone can tell OOP is a great feature
Kid, I was programming when your mother was in diapers.
w1nt0p
Coder

Post by w1nt0p »

T'lon Nanaki wrote:I think this guy here should be banned, removed, or whatever.
it looks to me that he has no idea of what this site is all about and signed up just to talk shit!
I agree. :evil: This piss-ant jerk needs to get his head bashed in by a 4x4!
w1nt0p
Coder

Re: WOW...

Post by w1nt0p »

qbSucks wrote:I honestly cant believe people use Qbasic...It is a terrible language. You people really need to invest your time in a real language. I can understand freebasic(while still it isnt great) but qbasic has nothing good to offer, its DEAD. It is such a piece of shit language and doesnt support good programing features such as OOP. Heres a tip to any ppl thinking of starting programing, dont use shitty ass Qbasic. QB is a waste of your time. If you are serious about programing learn a good language like JAVA, C++, C#, or Visual Basic. They are way faster and not nearly as limited as QBasic. Also, they are classes offered at almost all colleges, they fun to use, much more powerful, you can create way sweeter programs, and if you want to be a programmer(a real programmer) and do it for a living these will be the languages you will come across. All i got to say is QBasic sucks and should just be deleted from everyone computers.
I honestly can't believe people like you waste your time joining a QBasic forum just to post this kind of shit. You are a terrible person. People like you really need to invest time in learning how to be something other than a damned-asshole. You're the piece of shit. You are the fool who spouts off really pathetic lines of text that are bashing a VERY useful language.
As for QB being deleted, how about you give me your IP and we see just who has what deleted eh you worthless trash-talking mofo that should be shot in the face. :twisted:
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

qbSucks wrote:Powerful? what is so powerful about Qbasic, nothing at all. Name one thing that sets apart from anyother language besides the fact is sucks. You people say its so easy to learn but the syntax is so shitty it makes is more complex to understand than it needs to be.
You apparently have never programmed in TI-AB.

Need I point out?

QB:

Code: Select all

PRINT "HELLO WORLD"
C++:

Code: Select all

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    std::cout<<"Hello World!\n";
    system("Pause");
    return 0;
}
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

QBSucks, cut the crap.

If you hate QB and QBasic so much why do you torture yourself with your nick and torture yourself with coming to places that support these languages you hate so much.

Smarten up, there's no place for this kind of stuff here.

As far as OOP goes, it's a far cry from the miracle it promises to be, especially these days. another case of people looking at some OOP library and thinking wow, OOP can do that and then they get so stuck with that they don't bother to wonder if good old procedural programming can do the same. in all cases, yes, it can and usually with less overhead and faster.
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com